Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Possibly the biggest job i'll will ever quote for!!!

Kennygggkent

Transparent Window Cleaning
Hello Chaps,

I got a call from a guy yesterday asking if I clean commercial fascia's and cladding, "YES" I said.... trying to not sound to keen (really trying to push on commercial atm). So I arranged to meet him at the local retail park where the job is, little did I know that the job to quote for is the WHOLE RETAIL PARK!

He wants a three tier quote,

Fascia's and cladding approx 960 linear meters

fascia's, cladding and signage

And fascia's, cladding, signage and approx 2500 square meters of cladding.

Some really big names, 11 in total, some of which will come back saying they have there own cleaners on contract but he thinks most of them will want it doing.

So just looking for any advice, tips, tool needs, ect. Most of the dirt is just traffic film but also lots of bird poo. Definitely want to do it off a boom or cherry picker because the neck ache will be high on a job of that size I think. also gonna use cones and bunting to section of a bit at a time. Thinking of using a weak solution of ubik on the fascia.

He thinks they will just want the fascia's, cladding and signage. and for that I'm thinking 10 days for 2 guys. But should I do a day rate or day rate and then some? This is obviously far bigger that anything I have taken on before so looking for any thoughts suggestions on pricing/method ect. Thanks

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0588.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mate

I have did a fair bit cladding cleaning. It always comes up nice and never takes as long to do. The one i did the same height, i used a diesel sciccor lift. Doddle to use and could not have done with out it for the over hangs. It cost £330 for the week. Dont be afraid of big jobs just brake them down in to sections and they are easy.

Best of luck.

Would be interesting to hear from other guys , But I have seen a FB post by a firm using a pressure washer set up with a DA Multi tool set up on a carbon pole to apply their chosen chems da-components.com

Latest Posts

Back