Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Di vessel help

• Thread starter Deleted member 84
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 84

Hey. So I'm thinking of a few upgrades to my system.

Mainly the di at the moment.

I currently run X1 10 inch di vessel running on my ro system in the garage.

So I'm thinking of upgrading to a vessel.

I have x 2 1000 litre tanks in the garage and I'm filling one per week. (Un pumped system)

Which size vessel would be best suited?

Can I keep it on my ro system?

What are the benefits to fitting the vessel in my van?

Thank you

Hey. So I'm thinking of a few upgrades to my system.
Comments in red

Mainly the di at the moment.

I currently run X1 10 inch di vessel running on my ro system in the garage.

So I'm thinking of upgrading to a vessel.

I have x 2 1000 litre tanks in the garage and I'm filling one per week. (Un pumped system) That's very slow. I would consider upgrading to a faster r/o. Our original 450GPD r/o (unpumped) filled an IBC tank in about 28 hours in the winter when the water was cold, and about 18 - 20 hours in the summer.

Which size vessel would be best suited? It really depends upon your tds reading after DI. We have a 6.5 liter DI which is the same size that Purefreedom supply with their 4040 r/o. Its big enough for us.

Can I keep it on my ro system? You can keep it next to your r/o. So you would connect your pure outlet from your membranes to the inlet of the di vessel with a suitable length of tube. If you have a small RoMan type of r/o then it would be 1/4" tubing. You will need an adapter to go from 1/4" to 1/2", as 1/2" is the fitting used on the DI vessel. After going through the di vessel the pure goes into our holding tank.

What are the benefits to fitting the vessel in my van? If you are in a low tds area and you have a small tank, having a di in the van can save you going back home to fill up as you could use a customer's tap (with permission of course) to refill. (I wouldn't as it isn't very professional IMHO.)

For us the reason for the di after the r/o is that there are several of us drawing from the tank. As the water in the tank is pure we didn't need to fit a di vessel on all 3 vans (2 on mine as its a 2 man system) so saved on equipment costs. (Our water after r/o is 2ppm so the resin only needs changing once a year.

Thank you

Thank you.

I have a 600 gpd. Works fine I just like to tinker.

I only produce that much out of choice as I'm mainly traditional.

I will keep it in the garage then and I was thinking the 7ltr. Just wasn't sure if the system could cope with a vessel or not. My pressure in is around 60psi so should be okay then

Latest Posts

Back