Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need Help Tuning My Set Up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tim

Hello

I've just started window cleaning Two months ago and I need help tuning my setup.

I'v build the system my self and it's all work fine, the only thing is I'm not getting mush presser at the brush and was wondering if I need to shorten my reel hose.

my set up is as follows.

1 Tank

2 Fojet inline strainer

3 Flojet 100psi pump

4 7ltr ID vessel

6 100m of 6mm hose

7 Gardiner Wide Fan jets

I've heard that 6mm hose can be a bit tricky to work with and was just wondering if I should shortened it to 60-70mm. Do you think this would help or should I use a smaller ID Vessel?

Tim

Do you fill your tank up with pure water or do you fill up with normal water then have the DI before the hose reel? if your doing it that way you will lose a fair amount of pressure

My problems with low pressure in the past has been air locks...

Before you connect to the hose reel take it off and turn your pump up to full and blow out all the air (takes 20-40secs), until you hear the pump running smoothly.

I use 6mm hose and have no problem with pressure.

When you say your getting alot of pressure at the brush, do you use a controller?

With a 100psi flojet at full pelt, i wouldnt be surprised you get alot of pressure!!!

If you have a controller calibrate it and adjust the flow to suit your cleaning. Some people like a fast flow, some people not so fast....

Recalibrating sets the pressure required in your hose as temperature and orher variables can effect it.

Only other part of your system id reccommend is use brass hose lock not plastic, i find them brill (longer lasting and take water pressure loads better)

Otherwise your set up is fine fella /emoticons/smile.png

Do you fill your tank up with pure water or do you fill up with normal water then have the DI before the hose reel? if your doing it that way you will lose a fair amount of pressure
I fill my tank with r.o water and the have my d.i before reel, i dont lose any pressure to be honest mate....

Controllers auto calibrated at 20 and my flow rate is 35......

So you say you are getting low pressure at the brush jets and not listed so using no controller so then the pump is running flat out?

Hummm...now that's a first for me :Image16:

What type battery are you using and is it fully charged?

Hi guys thanks for your replys. To answer some of your question. yes I do have a flow controller, it's a Gardiner system one. also the water is filtered before it go's into the tank so the last DI is just there to give it a finial polish. I'm using an 110Amp battery witch is new and always charged after a full days cleaning. By the sounds of it could by air in the system as it dose seem to get better through the day.

air in the system wouldn't last all day, check battery is fully charged ie 12.4 v or above, when in use, does the pump stop and start quickly or just run all the time, also take the connector off that attaches to the reel so it runs a t full power, check fliter isn't blocked

also reccal to 35, and up pressure to 60, see if that makes any difference, as it can be to sensitive and turn off pump when slight pressure is on it

Back