Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are You Mad?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vince Green

Stuck indoors this morning with the rain, it eased off to a light drizzle so I thought I would get out and try to make something of the day. First house, a newish customer I have only cleaned a few times before.

So I arrive, ring the bell and out she comes. Big pantomime shock/horror face on, looks over my shoulder and starts "Are you mad? You are surely not thinking of cleaning the windows in THIS???"

" I was, but I won't if you don't want me to"

"WELL I DON'T!" head shaking and tutting like she's talking to a complete moron, then shuts the door.

so I'll take that as a no then

And yet you read on forums people say all their customers are fine about having their windows cleaned in the rain. Well not mine it seems.

so what happens now, do I go back another time or just take her off the system?

go back an other time, the weather has been terrible, i wouldnt want my windows cleaned in this weather,

dont listen to a lot of people, they tell you they earn £300 plus a day, yet moan when they lose a days work, full of bull

That's true. Light drizzle yes but not like it has been. She probably had a point but would def go back. There are people who don't like it in the rain & that's fair enough. I try pick the custies that maybe ain't in.

go back an other time, the weather has been terrible, i wouldnt want my windows cleaned in this weather,

dont listen to a lot of people, they tell you they earn £300 plus a day, yet moan when they lose a days work, full of bull
i agree with this!

when its raining i just move it onto the next day etc!

Also helps if they understand that wfp works great in light rain but some just don't get it especialy some old folk.

That's true. Light drizzle yes but not like it has been. She probably had a point but would def go back. There are people who don't like it in the rain & that's fair enough. I try pick the custies that maybe ain't in.

i drop people like that cant be arsed with them what does it matter if its dry mon you clean them,then it p1sses it down tues? load of sh1t them custys

I had a customer like this once, when I was just starting out. I let it be, and the next month her booking came, and it was raining again. So I called her up, and told her I would have to cancel, and leave her to next month, as I had no other slots available for her. She moaned about that as well. Afterwards, I continued her windows in light rain as normal, and she didn't complain again.

I don't know how bad the weather was when you showed up at this customers door, but I do work in mild conditions. No kidding, shock, I work in the rain. Vince don't take one customers reaction, as a president for how all your customers feel.

I was out in a shower just last week there, and took a short video, mainly because it was sleety, and definitely cold enough to turn to snow. It was only on for about 20 mins, but I had already done the back of them, so put the hood up and carried on. The was taken shortly before knocking the customers door, and I didnt recieve a single complaint from any of them. In fact one gave me a £2 tip.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn9t5VpOGRw[/media]

I clean in light rain but not if it's chucking it.

To be honest, I think the first mistake is ringing the bell. You don't want to give people the opportunity to say no to your services. This time it's no cos it's raining, the next time it could be no cos she aint got any money, and then no cos she don't think they need cleaning.

I just turn up once per month and do it. If customers are wishy-washy, I politely tell them I am trying to establish a round of regular monthly customers, as that's the only way you can run this business.

windyman Is right, you DON'T knock, you just get on with it, the only times I knock, is on the second and third clean, so customer knows its that time of the month, after that I just clean then knock for money...

some customers will let me clean in light rain and some wont , if their at work il belt away and so far no complaints

i think it depends on how bad the rain is, most dont care about spitting, but when there is weather warnings being issued and water is flowing down the road, and the wc turns up of course they think its a waste of time

windyman Is right, you DON'T knock, you just get on with it, the only times I knock, is on the second and third clean, so customer knows its that time of the month, after that I just clean then knock for money...
If I didn't knock 90% of my houses I wouldn't be able to get access to the back. Virtually no houses now have gates you can just unlatch. Many you have to get through the garage

i clean in heavy rain and light rain /emoticons/smile.png most customers arent in .... some do be in /emoticons/smile.png today a women said to me awhhh your all soaked /emoticons/sad.png : P lol i was like awhhh it has to be done lol.... but ive had a few people before saying dont clean them in the rain... so i just tell them how it is... it wont make a difference etc... some people accept and be happy but some dont be happy... and they automatically go of my round /emoticons/smile.png dont need people like this on my round... i work in all rainy conditions /emoticons/smile.png if i didnt id be buggered ! so if they like it then thats good if they dont then i dont keep them /emoticons/smile.png

and i dont like going thru peoples houses... so i quote them just a front price... and leave the back /emoticons/smile.png but 1 customer always likes me to do his back when hes at home... so i just go thru the house and do it their and then : )

plus fronts are better for me... cos ill earn more in more time : ) if i chargge a full house 7 quid il ldo fronts for 4/5 quid /emoticons/smile.png so its saving me more time and making me more money at the same time : ) ....... i love doing fronts /emoticons/smile.png no reeling the hose or anything just park up and get the pole out : D /emoticons/tongue.png lol

there is a window cleaner who lives near me, and everyday he drives past my house at 8.00am on the dot.ive seen him cleaning in torrential rain.i said to him once,dont your customers mind you cleaning in the rain, he just shrugged his shoulders and said i tell them ive got a mortgage and bills to pay.im not joking,he is out in all weathers.i couldnt do it my self!

Put it this way if you don't educate new & existing customers that you offer an all year round window cleaning service and clean windows in light rain you will struggle to make a living.

This year has been the wettest year in 100 years

i think a lot of working in the rai and bad weather, depends weather you like the job or not, i know wc who love the job and work all weathers, i my self hate the job and slightest bit of rain puts me off

Latest Posts

Back