Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Favour Please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Martyn

Could you guys help me with a little experiment please, I want to find out how flat/level different makes of squeegy channel keep the rubber.

This evening I placed some of my squeegys on a window (as if to clean but with no pressure) to see how flat the rubber meets the glass, what I found was that two of my unger channels didn't, the last inch or so of the rubber didn't touch the glass at all. The Sorbo made contact for the full length.

If you guys could do the same with whatever makes you use and post the results I would be grateful. /emoticons/smile.png

Were the unger ones brass? i've heard brass channels bend easily - also how old are they?

Were the unger ones brass? i've heard brass channels bend easily - also how old are they?
My channels are stainless steel, but many years old. What I found was that the ends were flaired slightly and I wonder if this is common to all or just something that has happened to mine over time. Brass does indeed bend quite easily, I seem to remember that the end clips on brass channel tend to push the rubber up slightly.

Thanks for the replies.

Back