Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Meter Costs

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cghwindowcleaning

I was just interested to know for those that are on a metre what your water cost are.

I know this will vary from supplier and area but what kind of price are people paying for 1000 litres.?

Looking at about £1.50 for a 1000L

And about £2.40 for a 1000L sewerage charge.

About £4 for every 1000L you take unless you get a sub meter.

Good luck with your water company on a rebate lol

Thanks Damo

This is around the price I'm expecting trying to get hold of and get a answer from my water supplier is not as easy as it should be and the online prices are out of date.

Even at £5 a 1000 litres with no rebate it still works out 60-70% cheaper than buying it.

Your water company is a &(&^£""! to deal with. They are the ONLY water company in the UK to have it in their terms and conditions WFP is not to be used in a drought. The last time there was a drought it was appealed against and they lost. So don't worry on that. On the rebate you won't get far as they are %&%$%& ! They will give you a rebate but then require you to pay commercial rates.

Buying water will never be as cheap as making it.

To give you an idea on costs its about £10 to produce a 1000 Liters.

Than water charge on meter, resin, filters and misc.

HTH

Down south it works out including filters resin water 65p for 25 ltrs as water is harder my area is ⁴²8 pH I can remember working on water board installing these metres and houses placing magnets on them them little digits weren't spinning no more lol

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ran a pond business before window cleaning. Hose pipe ban nearly killed a whole year. Got into a three way argument with water company and environment agencie. No hose pipe no filling ponds. Says water companies web sites an muppets on the phone. Environment agencie says we have a duty of care to fish. Ruddy nightmare it was. Can we wfp if they put a hose pipe ban on. Can we even fill up. My nabour will be on the phone reporting me to everyone ten minutes after ban starts.

I'm Thames water. I was informed when I started w.f.p roughly 9 years ago that Thames water is the second hardest in the country /emoticons/sad.png.

When I showered down my dads house (perranporth, Cornwall), I noticed the difference immediately so we have had a kinnetico water softener put in.

What this has to do with metres, I have no idea :confused:

Latest Posts

Back