Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So what about cleaning solutions? homemade or bought?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

K@OSNZ

I know a lot of guys guard their recipes with their life, why? I have no idea!

Are you using dish washing liquid? Vinegar? Lemon? Ammonia? Store bought?

Why? What ratios do you use? Are you willing to put up your recipe?

At the moment I use a dish washing liquid made with baking soda in it. About 2 tsp into about 3 ltrs water.

I'm keen to look at other ideas.

Ecover and flash all purpose cleaner (concentrate)

Only water in my bucket and add it neat to applicator

Also i have a bottle pre mixed with water on my belt for when i don't want to drag my bucket about

I use washing up liquid (Bio-D at the moment), any good quality will do, and an additive, HG System (non Soap), and I get on fine with that.

Making another batch tonight

2 litres asda fake ecover and about half small bottle flash concentrate

Tip all in to bucket and mix well

Refill bottles and spare pouch bottles and will last another month

A month costs me about £4

Fairy liquid. The new silver bottle and ulta concentrated flash. The yellow bottle. Lasts me about 4 months... but that's cause I'm wfp.

That's the flash i use

Half a bottle sounds a lot in 2 litres of ecover but i add direct to applicator so only a drop at a time

Plus if the sun comes out it's easy to adjust strength to avoid streaks

hmmmmm, and there I was today in full view of the custy opening the cupbard door under the sink....and so she said...oh I was meaning to put a new one there...and so gets me a good shot of free..well me cheapncheerful what else do you expect...

that was red persil today ta....well tbh...the price to clean hasnt moved since I did it....well I used to say I will give you the change and he used to say oh no its okay....but I no longer say that...

and as its going on the market....maybe new owners get new price.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I couldn't use any old soap from custys..i am too much of a fussy bugger

Everything has to be my way or i am not a happy bunny

My favourite for smell is the orange morning fresh. Plain morning fresh or palmolive work just as well though. If I need more kick I add a dash of ammonia. High poling in hot sun I add a drop of sorboglide, nice and slick and stops water drying off, runs like a ***** though if you use it on the wrong jobs.

Latest Posts

Back