Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quick Help Needed On Ppm?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jez86

So I've filled my tank up and when I started filling it was 000ppm, just checked it now and it's 012ppm.. I use a 300gpd ro and it comes out of there at around 020ppm and goes into my di, I changed the resin other day and it was fine. So do I empty my tank and start it off again or will 012 be ok?? Also, when changing resin do you have to pack it down tight? Lol of you know what I mean, any help appreciated /emoticons/smile.png

give the resin a stir, when full of water and this will lower the tds, as the water travels in channels so most of the resin doesnt get used

012 ppm will be fine but you don't really want to go much higher ,you want to fill your di to about the rim you don't want to fill your di to the top or hard

I hope this helps

It's only a one of those small ones from pure freedom, 1 ltr I think, will 12 be ok? I only swapped from traditional a couple of weeks ago and I've got loads to do tomorrow and all the customers are first time with wfp so don't wanna do a bad job. I think I haven't put enough resin in..

Yeah I'll have to get a bigger vessel, so damo do you think I should change the resin and empty and start again? If I do it now it will be about full by morning?

If it started at 0 and finished at 12, the mean ppm of the tank will be lower, probably 5 or 6. If your di is a single unit can you not use it as a polisher? Or is it built into ro like mine? Anyway, 20 ppm with a 1 litre or 750 mm vessel should last more than that

if it started at 000 and then now reading 012 and u just changed the resin then it sounds like theres a problem.......

have u been turning water off ?

check seal in your resin isnt leaking.

i had same problem the other month and it was the resin cartrage was leaking at the top. same as yours it was pure freedom. got another of them for about 3 pound...

The tds at my tap is about 420, been rained off today anyway so I'll have to y sort it by Monday, I'll have to check the seals. The di is separate from my ro, just goes through that after. Still learning about it all lol, cheers for the help though guys /emoticons/smile.png

Back