Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Gardiner Poles (Slx2)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

it wiil be beaten
Hi Charlie,

I think with the new Facelift clamp, they have nailed it with the updates; the CF tubes are very good quality. Put the 2 together and you have the best pole on the market.

I can only see it being beaten on price, if you buy an alternative pole – but not on performance or quality. Like most things you get what you pay for. If there is any difference in price, it’s only going to be small. Definitely worth paying any extra cost when you consider the pole may be used every day you work - how much is that worth?

Richard

Hi Richard I am sure you have both poles so you can compare the two together other wise you would not have said that although I know you and alex have had your arguments many a time in the past .I do have both poles and I can say the facelift pole is great and the clamps are excellent but my facelift pole is only 6 months old so not had a true test yet I have had 3 problems so far with my pole and they have sorted it out so I cant moan but it is 3 problems I have had none with my gardeners pole yet .I can not see how anybody yet can compare them in 2 years time then compare them .

I do agree Mark; you could say the only true test is over a few years.

I don’t think Gardiner’s nailed it with poles and especially brushes. If a product is good or 100% right from the start or as close as - you wouldn’t need to change it even in a small way that it would impact on the product, you shouldn’t even have to up-date after a short period.

You can’t keep bringing out up-dated versions of the same thing and keep saying this version is now the ‘new best’.

As far as I can see the evolution of Facelift poles has been just that, Tecbuk brushes came out in 2010, and the changes has been minimal, a new badge, a small radius on the corner of the brush stock. The biggest change to the brushes has been the introduction of the SideTrack pivoting and that just compliments the brush, and real changes to brush bristles/monofilaments. A good product gradually evolves. Put an original 2010 Tecbuk brush besides a 2013 version some may not even spot the changes.

We will have to wait a couple of years for the verdict on the new Facelift pole, but its looking good.

Richard

I dont think any company has got anywhere near the extreme pole yet.

I placed our orders for the extremes before they even had them in stock.

nearly two years on, my extreme looks just as good and performs the same.

People who moan about clamps or spinning clamps or carbon dust etc etc dont deserve to use a carbon pole. Our poles are stripped down once a month, new end stop tape if needed, ptfe spray every week and new clamps every year. And they all perform like they did from day one. Ask dodger i gave him a THREE year old slx!

I have picked up many poles in my time and the weights are just shocking.

I held a pole today and my smax 50 weighed less! It was a 30ft "carbon" pole lol

People who moan about clamps or spinning clamps or carbon dust etc etc dont deserve to use a carbon pole. Our poles are stripped down once a month, new end stop tape if needed, ptfe spray every week and new clamps every year. And they all perform like they did from day one. Ask dodger i gave him a THREE year old slx!

I held a pole today and my smax 50 weighed less! It was a 30ft "carbon" pole lol
Yep gotta say the slx is still pretty good, been kept tip top but still, quality pole anyway.

Credit to Gardiner’s for bringing out the slx pole; other companies at the time were resting on there laurels; the slx did force other companies to look more closely at what they were offering to the customer. The slx was never a premium product it was introduced with bike seats clamps on and the quality has never been achieved to be on par with some other makes.

The flex or bend in the smax carbon fibre pole is probably the worst you can get. The extreme pole uses smaller diameter tubes fitted with oversized clamps, if you’re happy with any of these poles that fine, I see these 3 different poles from the same company each pole claiming to be the best!

Like I said credit to Gardiner’s where it is due, that dosent mean across the entire range of things he offers.

Richard

Peter see if anyone near you has the new clamps/poles from Facelift, definitely worth some consideration when you change your pole in the future.

Richard

Latest Posts

Back