Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Franked foot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimroot

cracked a foot bone- tripped while carrying a child downstairs. Luckily, my broken bone was the only injury.

Out of action for minimum six weeks, prob over eight weeks given the loads I have to carry to work. I'm not ashamed to say I shed a tear of frustration, breaking a bone just as my business is kicking off and no income for two months, having to ring around my upcoming appointments to cancel...View attachment 4037

Last edited by a moderator:
is the any local windy you know that might cover your work and give you some percentage of it , trust is the big issue there .good luck with your recovery

Going to limp down the the job centre tomorrow after fracture clinic and see about income support for a few months, all of £53 a week I believe, better than nothing. and maybe council tax relief.

Anyone had similar debilitation, and know the process ? I'm going to untax my vehicles and sorn them, cancel all insurances too to save dosh.

I've been doing mostly one off gutter clears Mr shine while I keep practicing windows, and only have a handful of window regulars. Only just begun my foray into round building, infact had 5k flyers arrive yesterday and intended to do an hour per day canvassing/flyering with them from today :-(

thats rotten luck jim. an idea might be to ask at job centre if theres a bod on the books there who could step up and do the work while you encourage him, from back seat of car ?

Need to just concentrate on healing up I reckon, then restart after a two month 'enforced holiday'. Can start trad practice up again in a few weeks on my grounds. I'd just finished my boab and channel mods

The people I've got so far said they're ok to wait, I said I wouldn't be offended if they looked elsewhere, but cause I've fitted in with what they wanted time/day wise as I'm low-key and starting out, I think I'll retain them.

Last edited by a moderator:
get well soon jimroot:thumbsup: probably best that you hadnt got your flyers out as nothing worse than not being able to respond to phone calls..

can we assume the child survived okay?

a post like this really really makes you think when you take your health for granted like I do....

oh and let me be the first to say....happy easter...and dont eat too many eggs...

Lol

Thanks for messages. Child survived due to dads bravery taking the fall and sacrificing his own bone ;-)

Edited the post as it didn't make sense, wrote that I'd finished my trad equipment mods... Will put a pic on, haven't used but seem functional on inspection.

I broke a metatarsal in the past, but no financial pressure back then. This is the time one thinks, perhaps a boring but safe job in an office or something is less stress! Just ring In sick and relax

Sorry to hear that Jim

I broke my wrist years back and carried on working..not the best idea as i had lasting tendon damage where i had torn them and hardly any grip.in my left hand for around 2 years which could have blatantly been avoided if i wasn't a stubborn s.o.b and took time to repair myself properly

Make the most of the time off mate and get ready to get your **** in gear when your better

2 months off will make you lethargic

Sorry to hear about your fall, really makes me think about getting personal accident and loss of earnings insurance, I did email companies, but maybe they dont cover window cleaners?

Take care and all the best in your recovery:thumbsup:

Wishing you a speedy recovery Jim!

Accidents are accidents.....v unfortunate but sounds like you got the drive to come back stronger :thumbsup:

Definitely want to come back stronger. My wife is busy devising an itinery of jobs I can do round the house including the dreaded paper work and of course washing up. so not too much rest!

I'm busy devising ways to stay fit. Upper body dips for reps should be aerobic enough to keep the ticker fit and I'm getting shed loads of leg work from the hopping around and balancing on one leg :)

Could have been a lot worse spc. The fracture is the mildest uncomplicated type. Only really hassle is the earnings loss. I'm not sure canvassing on crutches would give the best first impression...

Back