Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on "Hypo"

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Trev81

Can somebody tell me about Hypo and what exactly it is and when you use it, is it safe to use on plastics etc and what are the risks on a customers home ie plants, paint work, windows etc etc...

Currently use Ubik and have some viro but been relatively new to the business I am all for trying out various methods and chemicals to find solutions for all situations. Cheers /emoticons/smile.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hypochlorite

The sodium hypochlorite I buy is 14-15% in 25 ltr containers that you can get frome most local pool suppliers etc.

Myself I use hypo manly for hard surface cleaning diluted down to about 7% to clean paving, rendered walls etc as kills algae, black lichen, moss etc.

I also have been known to use hypo on plastic cladding, guttering & fascias but at a much reduced mix with a suficant like tfr to be on the safe side as I don't want my mate frank to **** jobs up. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Do you reckon hypo would be ok to use on sandstone ledges @Smurf? I have an estate where the ledges below the windows have turned black. Would it have an effect on the glass if it spilt on it ?

I have never used it on sandstone myself so could not say if it would cause any damage to the soft stone or not. Likewise with any strong chem caution should be taken if it gets on glass and should be washed down thorougly to prevent it staining glass. I'm aware that some have caused permanent damage to glass when using strong acids on brick/stone cleaning jobs.

I have never used it on sandstone myself so could not say if it would cause any damage to the soft stone or not. Likewise with any strong chem caution should be taken if it gets on glass and should be washed down thorougly to prevent it staining glass. I'm aware that some have caused permanent damage to glass when using strong acids on brick/stone cleaning jobs.
Food for thought :thumbsup:

Back