Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning cycles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My cycles are 4/8 weekly but some traditional cleaners still do 2/3 weekly nut these are less common.

WFP is often 5/10 weekly or 6/12 weekly nowadays. But you'll find everyone does something different - that's the benefit of being self employed: you set the working patterns that suit you.*

*however when you start out you will probably find yourself going the extra mile to suit your customers until your confidence and/or round has been built up.

My cycles are 4/8 weekly but some traditional cleaners still do 2/3 weekly nut these are less common.
WFP is often 5/10 weekly or 6/12 weekly nowadays. But you'll find everyone does something different - that's the benefit of being self employed: you set the working patterns that suit you.*

*however when you start out you will probably find yourself going the extra mile to suit your customers until your confidence and/or round has been built up.
Thanks, I'm looking at going trad only. Ideally for this to work for me I need 15 customers at either 3 week or 6 week cleans. I already have two customers who pay £10 each once every six weeks. I'm planning on canvassing the same area these two are in in two weeks to get 13 more customers at either 3 or 6 week cleans. I know it's dependant on a lot of factors but does this plan sound realistic? I've been lurking on here for a while and have recently started cleaning my own windows every day for the last two weeks. I just cleaned my first two customers who are friends and I must say I quite enjoyed it. It took longer than expected but I done a good job and they're happy.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

05b9dfb60206c28927c79fe0b2cbe7e5.jpg

6 weekly works well. That backpack and pole don't look great,what would your budget be and where are you based? Then we may be able to help better with what you need

I had all sorts of frequencies as i was trying to keep customers sweet

I have now got everyone on monthly or 2 monthly

By that i mean i have put either 30 or 60 days in my spreadsheet so if someone i did on the first of the month is then due on the 31st they still get done then

Since then i have acquired a 6w round off a mate in a nearby village and have been building a 6w round alongside it as that makes sense but i always go for monthly or 2 monthly..sounds longer to the customer than 4 weekly but in reality is usually only a couple days longer

6 weekly works well. That backpack and pole don't look great,what would your budget be and where are you based? Then we may be able to help better with what you need
I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne. That backpack set is £190 off Ebay. Thought it might be a load of rubbish. It's just some of the houses I'll be canvassing have windows above porches and on side walls were there's no room for ladders etc. For the small round that I'm hoping to build my budget for a wfp set up would be £400 to £500 max. I would prefer to do a round completely trad but I don't see how you can without being selective on which houses you knock. There's a good few hundred houses in the area I'm targeting and I need 13 more minimum. A reliable set up for awkward windows would be ideal. I'm lucky enough to work at a chemical plant were I can get the water for free as long as I don't get caught. Another lad that works there has been taking it for years. Once I have the customers I need I'll get PL insurance sorted and HMRC. I wanna start out part time around my job and see how I like it and if I can see myself doing it full time I'll invest more as I can see WFP has its benefits. Mind you prices seem to be lower in Newcastle than a lot I've read on here. One lass at work pays £2.80 she reckons for a three bed terrace. Someone canvassed my terrace for £5 once a month. The area Im targeting is a nice area with mostly detached but some semi so I think £10 a house is reasonable and as I said I have 2 customers at this price. I actually enjoy window cleaning and have been toying with this idea for a couple of years.

Thanks, I'm looking at going trad only. Ideally for this to work for me I need 15 customers at either 3 week or 6 week cleans. I already have two customers who pay £10 each once every six weeks. I'm planning on canvassing the same area these two are in in two weeks to get 13 more customers at either 3 or 6 week cleans. I know it's dependant on a lot of factors but does this plan sound realistic? I've been lurking on here for a while and have recently started cleaning my own windows every day for the last two weeks. I just cleaned my first two customers who are friends and I must say I quite enjoyed it. It took longer than expected but I done a good job and they're happy.

I do 5 weekly cleans but have a few on 4 and 6

Sorry but think wintecs charge postage on orders under £10 now

Last edited by a moderator:
I do 5 weekly cleans but have a few on 4 and 6Sorry but think wintecs charge postage on orders under £10 now
Don't think they do if you go though there ebay shop same as window cleaning warehouse

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back