Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Distance To Travell For Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

swas

how many travell out of there local areas for window cleaning round, is it worth it regarding fuel costs . collecting, weather., do we have to do this to get a wage now. i have a round for sale in darlington 25 minutes drive, but its the collecting, thats why i am selling

if i had to travel out of my normal area then there would be extra charge going on to cover fuel etc,

most of my work for me, i have to drive at least 5 miles before i get to them as there are to many window cleaners close to where i live, last count there was 66 and thats the only the ones that advertise!

I do all my work local, but the furthest I travel is around 5 miles, but that was cause I got a call asking to clean windows, since then I canvassed round that area and picked up more work.

ive talked about this, what would i have to do to set up for my customers to put in my account, i have a paypal account also,give people my paypal email adress for them to transferr into, is it all easy. do i have to let bank know.

You need to give your customers your account number and sort code and they can pay into your bank account..

You could give them your PayPal details for them to pay too, or if you have a website get a payment page set up?

Leave stamped addresses envelopes?

Furthest I go is 30 odd miles, but never collect, most are always in and of not they leave it out

swas u got it advetised on gumtree... if i lived near their mate i would buy it but im 20 miles away from their.... /emoticons/mellow.png lol

We travel 40 miles to a job regularly, have gone further than that. Travelling can be worth it, but the price needs to be right. I prefer to earn the same money in a day driving around in my van between jobs as I can doing house after house on an estate!

Back