Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

horse riding academy

dave_m141

So today I got a call from a horse riding academy, they want the whole yard done each month which include a number of buildings but there's one Im not sure on pricing. Il attach pictures of the big Windows.

Also when pricing up commercial work, do you price each window slightly higher than the residential Windows? (i do my prices per window)

How much would you charge for a

set of Windows in the picture?

Also I've been asked to do a one off clean for there thatched cottage which includes a conservatory clean. How much would you price the standard conservatory job (tradding it)

Cheers! Finally got a big job n a bit clueless on where to start when I have to go price it friday!

View attachment 2640

Depends how bad you want the work I suppose but I would go in quite high just to make it worth my while.

I havnt a clue really. I don't no whats to low and what it to high lol

How much would you charge for just them Windows in the pic?

I thought maybe just pole as it may be easier.?

Do the top windkw by pole. And then the topof the big window by pole to half way down n then do the rest just without pole

A frame ladder £4- £5 for what is in the pic, 5 minute job or if you're slow 10 minutes. £30 - £60 an hour on that job. Easy! You'll never get the job charging £4 - £5 per pane, that would be 40 for an entrance door :eek:

Il keep that in mind. I don't wanna go in too high when I need the job! It is a regular one too so will probs just price it like a house and add a fiver for good will /emoticons/smile.png

I'd charge £5 for those doors in the pic. I reckon my 22" blade would get most of the pane in 1 pull and should take me 5 minutes max. It does depend on the rest of the job though, I'd be willing to do those doors for £3 if it rounds the job up sort of thing.

It's always an hard question to ask on a forum when pricing because it's not just about a fluctuation in pricing depending on where about in the country the jon is ie, an 8 pound house in the north would easily be worth 15 in the south but, it also depends so much on the customer and I always try to pick the customers mind while I walk around the property.

For example, they might comment on how some guy did it last time with one of those pole thingy's but they wasn't very happy with it. That's your opportunity to jump in with 'yea I know what you mean, these guys often do it cheap but the results aren't always the best'. Now this isn't me having a pop at the wfp guys, it's a trick because often the customer(who wouldn't normally want to tell you how much he was charged) will often then offer that information in fear that you're gonna charge more. Let's say you would be happy with 50 quid for the job and the customer says 'oh he charged me £60'' then you're set.

Of course, there's also a risk to pulling that stunt, the customer might be put off thinking that you're gonna be too expensive but what I'm saying is, that's just one example of how you can pick the potential customer's mind to try to arrive at a price that suits you both. I always try to get a feel for the person I'm dealing with before jumping in with 'I'll do it for 40 quid'.

Another one is to make sure that you discuss the frequency of the job, this again can help you. They can often give you all sort of clues with things like 'yea, I'm thinking every 3 months'...this will often tell me that the customer isn't keen on spending too much on the job where as the customer that answers straight away with 'yea every month suits me' might be more serious about the work. Again, this all depends on all the other vibes they are giving you. Read them, tempt them with questions....that's my point.

Mart.

I dont think I would bother poling those windows. As tuffers suggested earlier, they should be easy enough with an A ladder or small extendable ladder. I wouldnt go any higher than £4.00 for the window unit in the photo as it shouldnt take longer than 10 minutes.

As for pricing the conny, its impossible to suggest a price without seeing a photo of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
im with tuffers and mr taytay on the price and great post Mart1001 prices are different around the country..they look just like i did a load of today...tops first ....and then i can reach the bottoms ..

.all done with big norris ..my 18 inch applicator.........but i really wanted an 18 inch alligator...as the bottoms foot was covered with grass cuttings and bits..

.anyway i fitted my 12inch alligator to my pole and did that first to get rid of the stuck on ****...too bloomin hot in the sun though....

Oh I see. I was never sure. I have the other one I posted. With extension. It's a combI ladder from bps accessories which I use only really as a normal extension.

Il just pole the Windows I guess!

Yeah man, wasn't what I expected when I saw it I person. It was only a £20 jobby monthly but I managed to land a one off conservatory clean and the Windows for £75 quid so not too shabby!

Back