Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Presure Washing Job Today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nwcs

well today did my first presure washing job

and i loved it..... couldnt beleave i was been paid

sun was shining . i got very wet but wasnt bothered

tuc me 3.5 hours to do.

small drive

paths round house.

patio.

path up the garden

small seating area.

got to do back and resand it next week. but was a great job.

didnt use any.....

didnt need to. job looked great afterwards.

didnt have a clue how to price it before hand as i didnt know how long it would take.

Nice one....

Post some pics after re-sanding with kiln dried sand & remember to remove excess sand from the bevelled edges of the blocks so the only sand you see is in the actual joints. :Image9:

Nice one....

Post some pics after re-sanding with kiln dried sand & remember to remove excess sand from the bevelled edges of the blocks so the only sand you see is in the actual joints. :Image9:
yes smurf my neighbour a landscap gardener and we block paved our drives a couple of years ago together and he showed me how to do it properly.
i used my kartcher presure washer and it did a great job, got all dirt off, although it wasnt too bad before hand,

Might come in handy knowing how to replace blocks too

Is it an electric or petrol karcher you use?

just an electic one. been looking at buying a petrol presure washer,

but dont know how much work i will get so dont fancy going out and paying 500 plus for one at the min till i know i can get the work,

seen a clark one for about 360 new,

On tougher jobs you will find a better spec petrol pressure washer will do a quicker and better job so would be well worth the investment if you ask me...

For a new budget good pressure washer I would recommend a locin 14 hp 3600 psi 15 lpm pressure washer

didnt use any.....

didnt need to. job looked great afterwards.

didnt have a clue how to price it before hand as i didnt know how long it would take.
I also don't use anything - but probably we should , sometimes oil marks doesn't go off that easy . What pressure washer you have ?

The only problem I have when pressure washing - is that I get most of the times the drainage blocked

any ideas how to avoid that ?

PS: I do remove the mud every now and again while cleaning

I would recommend Brick and Patio Cleaner, wear yer wellies though and dont use it on sand stone lol!! water it down!! brush it all over with a stiff plastic broom and have a cup of coffee while it does the work for you!! then just a quick blast off and neutralise with the pressurewasher!! happy days and the weeds and moss wont be back for at least 6 months. keep em happy.

PS make sure their cat doesn`t sit down on the cobbles!! lols

Which one? got a link to the brand you use please.

I would recommend Brick and Patio Cleaner, wear yer wellies though and dont use it on sand stone lol!! water it down!! brush it all over with a stiff plastic broom and have a cup of coffee while it does the work for you!! then just a quick blast off and neutralise with the pressurewasher!! happy days and the weeds and moss wont be back for at least 6 months. keep em happy.

PS make sure their cat doesn`t sit down on the cobbles!! lols

Back