Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Is Traditional Window Cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

David Taylor

Every one says Squeegee etc.. But surely cloths were before this so is that not the trad method?

Will one day water fed pole become trad? (I hope so!)

Easy just turn them down like H does .
The basic techniques of window cleaning is to learn the squeegee,doesn't matter fast or slow,as long as clear and no smear,basic rule and I do wfp as commercial and tricky domestic windows.he dont turn them down does he!

The basic techniques of window cleaning is to learn the squeegee,doesn't matter fast or slow,as long as clear and no smear,basic rule and I do wfp as commercial and tricky domestic windows.he dont turn them down does he!
Yes he does , he has never used a squeegee in his life .

Basically you started this thread to promote wfp on a trad section of this great site .
Not really, i use "trad" for shops inside centres. It was a legit question about what peoples thoughts are.. I would not promote one method over the other.Traditional is such a general term. Maybe it should be called some thing else.

I hear the term "ladder work" along with "Trad Cleaning" but I know what you mean...

I hear the term "ladder work" along with "Trad Cleaning" but I know what you mean...
we could have trad cloth worktrad squeegee work

trad pure water work

trad hot pure water work

but i prefer trad Sunday dinners /emoticons/smile.png

Not really, i use "trad" for shops inside centres. It was a legit question about what peoples thoughts are.. I would not promote one method over the other.Traditional is such a general term. Maybe it should be called some thing else.
I apologise, I was used to on another site wfp guys downing traditional cleaning so I might be a tad touchy on the subject.

I no longer go on the other site.

Stephen

I apologise, I was used to on another site wfp guys downing traditional cleaning so I might be a tad touchy on the subject.
I no longer go on the other site.

Stephen
no probs mate..... i`ve still got the first squeegee i ever bought.... all my round was trad to start, then it got to much keeping up.

you asked, I gave my answer, go some where else if you want to argue mate.
he wasnt arguing, he was giving his opinion, and i second his opinion, anyone that uses mf pads/internal cleaning kits are laughable, you want to be a window cleaner but cant learn how to use the standard tools for the job, internal kits are for hard to reach windows, not every window, as ady said, pick up a blade and practise for a few days, i know people will disagree with this next bit......
IF YOU CANT USE A MOP AND BLADE YOUR NOT A REAL WINDOW CLEANER!!!!!!

there, i said it, and what!?

Back