Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Value of a round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

How often do you clean them? Fortnightly or monthly? How much work have you got? How compact or how much is the work spread out?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
It's two rounds both fortnightly both have bout 150 customers each side maybe 30 of which will be monthly. average clean terrace housed two front windows three bk £4.. wfp fronts.. trad bk. both very compact with potential to maybe double custom if I got on knocker. Both around 350/400 fortnightly Tuesday to Friday 9>4! Only been using wfp a month so hoping to squash it up bit more free up more time to get some commercial work in[emoji848]

Had it 8 years bought of a guy who broke his arm fr 6grand who after talking to customers had bought it off an old boy who had been doing it over 30 years

Last edited:
So 150 customers x 2 = 300 customers
30 are monthly

270 are fortnightly

570 cleans a month?
Tbh I prob messed up few of figures [emoji23] just did maths and it worked out bout 2.66 a house off 400 a week which can't be right might be 120ish each side, I'd need to check books [emoji99]

Yea i think you need to recheck them figures

570 cleans a month and your earnings are £700 to £800. I honestly couldnt part with any money for a round like that.

Its averaging about £1.35 a clean. You work roughly 16 days a month for around £46 a day, doing 35 cleans a day.

So 570 cleans every month at approx £4 per clean?
2300 a month roughly ?

He said he earns 350 to 400 a fortnight from each round. Total should be 1400 to 1600 then

Still only £2.40 / £2.60 a clean.

Even at 120 custies a round its £3.50 a clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
He said he earns 350 to 400 a month from each round. Total 700 to 800.
He also mentioned 4 quid a clean. To be honest I don't understand half of what he wrote. Needs to be a bit more clear I think

Various factors will depend on what you can get for a round.

How long has it been established?

Is it compact?

Payment methods?

Method of clean wfp or trad?

Prices how much is the average job etc?

How easy can you transfer it over are customers details on paper or software like cleaner planner?

Is the area hard to gain work?

A Round can go from 1x a months value to 8x and above.

One thing with selling work is you will be inundated with time wasters and dreamers.I sold some last year some of the calls I received where laughable.

Depends on the buyer as well.

If you have a load of trad work that's all cash then it's going to be worth more ti someone who works that way.

Likewise if it's all wfp and online payments then that's going to suit someone who works that way.

For the first scenario I wouldn't pay more than 2x and that's if the prices were any good (which they nearly always are not with that type of round) for the second scenario I would pay a lot more depending on the prices.

How long has it been established? I've had 8 but believe over 30

Is it compact? Very compact

Payment methods? Collection on day or if out Thursday Friday night

Method of clean wfp or trad? Both really trad when have to climb bks

Prices how much is the average job etc? 4 quid

How easy can you transfer it over are customers details on paper or software like cleaner planner? All written ATM but if I had an iPad be easy to bang on

Is the area hard to gain work? Nope every time I've lost a customer I've got at least one bk.

Just recounted one book has around 130 customers and pays in total 525... about 30 off those are monthly tho. I'd say it's 4 days work 9>4 with an hour dinner

Other book has around 100 customers and pays in total around 400 with about 20 monthly . I'd say this takes 3 and half days.

All days work or estimates off traditional work as ive not really got in swing of wfp yet.

Back