Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof Tile Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cleanz

Hi, I've been asked to do a roof clean on a 5 bed house. (would be my first ever roof clean, apart from small flat roofs)

First thoughts were to use a pressure washer but I've read so many horror stories and bad things about using them on roof tiles - so I'd rather not.

I've been looking at this system :

http://www.algoclear.com/content/14-equipment

Trouble is although they mention some of the stuff they use, they don't appear to sell the system.

Does anyone know where I could get a ready made spray system?

If I can't get hold of one/too expensive, I was just going to use the moss-go treatment on the roof and get up there using a scaffold tower/roof ladders and a couple of those "backpack" spray things with a lance.

Any thoughts?

All the mossgo type products I have seen you have to scrap off first the build up of moss on tiled roofs. Go figure

Then once applied can take weeks/months to see any results :Image13:

Don't think I could get into this I would be too scared of falling through the roof or breaking tiles , bet it's a good earner though

Saftey's definately a priority! /emoticons/smile.png Gotta start somewhere though...

I plan on using a scaffold tower and then a roofing ladder - I'm quite thorough, so won't climb on anything that looks remotely dodgy.

Still unsure as to the method I'm going to use - at the moment it's looking like manual scraping, followed by a a fungicidal wash is going to be the best.

You're a braver man than me as roof work I would leave it to the so say pros. Simples... :Image3:

Well it's not till December time, so I've got a bit of time to book my funeral /emoticons/wink.png

Back