Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

liquidator&fine lines

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark

no matter what rubber I put in the channel I get very fine swirl marks at the tips.i cut with a very sharp blade.any help thanx.

I'm having the same problem, I've tried moving handle away from the window, lighter touch, heavier touch, everything that YouTube has said and still never perfect consistently, I've just tried razr red in and it's even worse!! I'm thinking I might mod it a little because when it works fine it's brilliant, I want it to work so bad lol

ive tried razr red ,& others still leaves fine lines.in high sun, when we get it. its awful.even ordered a spare channel for spare end clips,still the same.& yet its still perfect 4 no detailing apart from the swirl marks?

Yh edges are great and sometimes no lines when I lift handle away from the window quite a bit, but always arched lines, really considering bending the clips back slightly

Yh edges are great and sometimes no lines when I lift handle away from the window quite a bit, but always arched lines, really considering bending the clips back slightly

tbh I wouldn't mess with the end clips.they are there 4 that reason.less detailing.which it does.just the swirl marks?

Are you using the moerman soft rubber /? i swear by this rubber and at end of the day its what the channel is desgned to use

i always cut the rubber leaving some small View attachment 5085 overhang past the tips, i use an anvil type secateur to get a perfect cut

Trying razr because of the recommendations on hereby it's not good at all atm but fine in a normal channel

iv been using moerman rubber at least 2 yrs . i got into it after trying to find a budget rubber that would suit everyone in my small crew of workers . in that time since iv not once bought a duff batch, whereas prior i had so-so rubber experience of other makes,

watch out if you buy precut rubbers cos any old tom dicc or harvey might carelessly let it rub on summat when cutting it to size[ruining the edge] ,instead i recommend you buy it in the big multi pack [10 lengths each of 42 inches] , its cheaper to buy that way but More important its sealed in the packet straight from the factory

Last edited:
Also recommend you carry your rubbers laying out perfectly straight in a tray/box something like this, my tray is lined with bubble wrap to stop any chance of rubber chafing on the box sides View attachment 5086 when drivin along

Mine is all rolled up and shoved in a bag in the shed..works fine ..no need to be carefull with it.

I use razr with the liquidator and it doesn't even need bedding in

Hi two Marks, I have this also, whichever rubber I've used, sometimes not that bad but then other times horrendous. As mentioned on another thread about this i seem to see them when the rising or setting sun hits the window. Just been with a guy who was doing some commercial work this morning and he'd never heard of the liquidator and just users standard Ettore channel and pulex rubber, he doesn't seem fazed by lines, he said sometimes it's unavoidable when the sun at certain times hit window (I'm in Perth WA) he doesn't have to be as precise doing commercial though.

Mine is all rolled up and shoved in a bag in the shed..works fine ..no need to be carefull with it.I use razr with the liquidator and it doesn't even need bedding in
i was meaning if you carry your rubber in your vehicle you need to be very careful with it. otherwise its easily ruined by it rubrubbing on a hard edge as the van drives along

I hadn't noticed Boar

I had my bag in the motor until i cleared it out to fit wfp stuff in

Why is it that a dog eared modded channel works better than the liquidator for some people, I've never modded a channel before and wondered if the Ettore brass channel can be done with good effect. I've just used 3 different rubbers in the Ettore channel and no problems and then in the liquidator and you can see on each one about an inch from one end it's leaving a streak of 3/4 lines that I'll probably able to see in morning.

Ettore brass 14" but last several jobs used liquidator but luckily the sun wasn't on the windows. I used the 10" liquidator last week on all windows as this seemed a lot better than the 14. I can use it fine after straightening clips and looks a good job but next morning you can see marks.

One of the rubbers I've just tried is the razr red for the first time and great in Ettore channel but 3/4 line trails with liquidator as with Ettore & Moerman rubber.

I also use standard moerman SS channel

Last edited by a moderator:
Back