Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Got Ma Van Took Of Me

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

got a section 59 last june and if u get one again within 12 months they take the van and it costs 200 quid to recover it from the compound

so yesetrday i got a section 59 cos i drove over a small roundabout ( it was a flat roundabout ) the copper was hidden away waiting for sum 1 to drive over it ... its one of them roundabouts where every1 drives over it /emoticons/sad.png

i gotta be careful from now !

What are you like H ....do you not keep anything to yourself? :Image3:

Section 59 of the Police Reform Act - Anti Social Driving Offences

New laws in respect of certain anti social driving offences can now be dealt with by Section 59 of the Police Reform Act.

Basically what that means is if you are seen:

• Driving in a careless or inconsiderate manner
  • Driving on common land, a footpath or bridle way or any land which is not part of a road
  • Driving in a manner which is causing/has been causing, or is likely to cause alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public.

Then a Section 59 warning can be issued to you. This warning is placed against both the driver and the vehicle and lasts for 12 months.

If the driver of the vehicle or the vehicle with the warning issued to it is then seen driving in any of those conditions again in the next 12 months the vehicle can be seized and, if not collected after paying for recovery and storage costs, it will be crushed. Please note that this relates to either the driver with the Section 59 or the vehicle.

I wish the Derbyshire police would get on top of bad drivers around here. If you drive normal around here your the odd one out.

Indeed H... ppl deserve what they get if they drive like a crazy person with no consideration for others or themselves.

If I remember rightly you also have a CD80 aswell so thought you would have calmed down a bit by now.

Lol smurf proper headache

Indeed H... ppl deserve what they get if they drive like a crazy person with no consideration for others or themselves.

If I remember rightly you also have a CD80 aswell so thought you would have calmed down a bit by now.
i have mate... but i only went over a flat small roundabout a lot of drivers do this... thats why the copper was hidden away waiting for sum1 to go over it cos he knows out of 10 cars that go by 1,2 of them will drive over it... lol

Glad to see you haven't changed H. The Police will not give out Sec 59 for just driving over a roundabout the way you describe. Something smells fishy to me!! /emoticons/smile.png

its a road that goes downhill and u can see from far away if theirs any cars and it was all clear but the copper was hid behing the bush lol and wen ur going down that hill u cant be assed braking and goign all the way round wen u can just look around and go over it its a very small flat roundabout lol

So will you brake and go round the roundabout, or look to see if the police are behind the bush?

I'm not having a go at you H, only wondering if giving out that ticket makes any difference.

Sometimes it's bad road layout. There used to be some very dangerous road junctions in Wolvo, accidents almost daily

I'm sorry but you lot are just judging H based on his previous driving history, which isn't fair really as he has clearly grown up somewhat since then.

We have these roundabouts round my way, they are everywhere, buses can't go round them, and cars don't either, nor do I, infact I tried and my mondeo actually can't swing round it!

So have you ever had your car taken off you for just going over small flat roundabouts?

Neither have I....I would say either the copper was being an a hole or more likely was doing his job correctly.

I'm sorry but you lot are just judging H based on his previous driving history, which isn't fair really as he has clearly grown up somewhat since then.We have these roundabouts round my way,

they are everywhere, buses can't go round them, and cars don't either, nor do I, infact I tried and my mondeo actually can't swing round it!
I'm not judging H, I'm judging the system, sorry if I was not clear. The islands make no difference, the accidents still happen and even more near misses now. If it is a badly designed junction councils take the easy option they might cure one problem, but create even more. Then you get a ticket so you can't win.The worst one by me looks like an island, then half way round you have to give way to the traffic joining the island. Locals know this, but a stranger would plough straight into the them and it would be the stranger's fault. How is that safe or fair? Mini roundabouts are rubbish, but they are cheaper than traffic lights. Going over them is nothing. Round here they go round them the WRONG way.

Rant over, and breathe

A lot of people drive over mini round abouts!

That section 59 smurf is on about, I think includes fast acceleration off the lights and even stretches to loud engines/exhaust! I think if am right??

G - it does indeed or loud music etc.

Its literally a "if there is no conviction front, section 59 it" type thing.

Smurf - it could also be becuase of where we live, becuase of race, age....the list goes on.

A lot of people drive over mini round abouts!

That section 59 smurf is on about, I think includes fast acceleration off the lights and even stretches to loud engines/exhaust! I think if am right??
your right u can get a sec 59 if u over rev even !

Back