Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Turning down work

Smurf

I've just turned down a small shop frontage slabs clean.

Reasons why are as follows:

On a busy road

No Parking Double Yellow lines

Bus stop right outside shop

No water apart from the back of the shop in kitchen

And to top it off slabs are in bad condition mostly frost damaged and breaking up.

Owner should get the surface replaced not cleaned as is a slip & trip hazzard.

I was not the flavour of the month turning the work down I can tell you but hey I pick and choose what jobs I do not the customer./emoticons/wink.png

Indeed but I would not have tried to clean it even if I was quite @Duncs

So jobs can be more hassle than they are worth...

why not spray the area with some hypo and a quick scrub with a deck brush , leave dwell for 30 mins and rinse with a few 20l drums of water , early morning when the buses arent running and very few people about , powerwshing isnt always the solution /emoticons/wink.png and its only industrial strenght bleach

Yep you could do that but on that one I advised that the surface due to its unsafe condition shouldn't be cleaned but replaced instead

if a customer wans it cleaned whats the problem , if its unsafe then surely the liability lies with the council , no problem /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yep, no need to take on rubbish work if you dont need to. Personally though I would have put in a very high price due to the things you mentioned, and if they accepted it I would come at 12 at night, and enjoy a nice lie in and a day off the next day.:feet::zzz:

what excuses do you lot use when turning down window work for personal reason ? i say sorry my rounds full at the moment

what excuses do you lot use when turning down window work for personal reason ? i say sorry my rounds full at the moment
If its a phone call I always tell them I dont do their area. I find it more difficult when customers recommend me to their friends and family.....its difficult to say no, but I am a bit too soft and easy going. The only work I want now is houses close to the ones I already do....condense and condense.

Smurf...dont blame you on kicking that one into touch

If I don't want the work now for whatever reason I would rather say so straight up as in the past I've put in higher prices and still got the work then regretted doing so.

Thats the best thing to do smurf. I think we all have that little voice in the back of our minds pleading with us not to turn down extra work........but you learn.

Or maybe don't answer the phone when there number comes up /emoticons/biggrin.png

What are you like :laugh:

i just kinda not actually turn up....or do a runner...:rofl:

I will travel if the job is worth a day or more wack no probs

bad job can knacker your day, your better not taking it on ,working out your area can hold you back and loose your time

Pressure washing enquiries have gone manic at the mo as many of my existing customers want their patio and/or drive done again. Not to mention new business & recommendations coming through as well.

Happy Day's! /emoticons/smile.png

Back