Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Windows with top openers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Max

When your doing maintainance cleans on windows with top openers do you still go with one visit to the glass on the whole window or do you do the top opener then do another window and return to the original window to clean the glass under top opener. I'm trying to speed things up and returning to each window while lugging the backpack around is causing me to spend to long on each house, one visit would make a difference but at the moment i'm still a little cautious about drips from above etc. any advice much appreciated.

I was cautious of this at the start but now I clean the middle bar then do the top glass and rinse it down and the bar and then clean the bottom glass

View attachment 8512

I do the whole lot in one go and never go back to a window a second time.

Because I'm sad, I've made a little diagram of how I do it. The red numbers are the scrub and the blue numbers are the rinse. Not sure if that's the 'correct' way of doing it but I haven't had any complaints.

I do similar but will scrub the top opener and then rinse then the side ones and then the one below the opener

No point scrubbing all then going back over to rinse

If the backpack is an issue to move about put 25m of hose on it and stick it by the side gate

Do the whole house without moving it

I was wondering what the optamal backpack hose length was, with out stressing the pump. Not ordered my backpack yet:whistle:

best thing i did when i was backpack only was banging a good length of hose on, ended up using 60 ft

I do similar but will scrub the top opener and then rinse then the side ones and then the one below the openerNo point scrubbing all then going back over to rinse

If the backpack is an issue to move about put 25m of hose on it and stick it by the side gate

Do the whole house without moving it
I use the PF trolley and do exactly the same as above. Same procedure and 25mtr PU hose.

I you have two openers above and one pane underneath then do your best not to squirt water between the openers as this will run out from between and leave a dribble mark down the middle of the lower window.

I was wondering what the optamal backpack hose length was, with out stressing the pump. Not ordered my backpack yet:whistle:
well i use gardiner backpacks & alex said they would pump up to 60ft no problem but that was a v2 , the v3 is more powerful, i chose 60ft cos i sometimes need a 47 ft pole, i can do most detached houses in one with that

I used to have over 60m (198 foot) of hose on my backpack/trolley with no issues

Now i have 20m of gardiners reinforced on a reel connected to a further 30m of gardiners pu

Only just did it but it seems fine

i allways clean the top opners first then the big pain in the middle then the window under the 1st opner i cleaned then the other

When your doing maintainance cleans on windows with top openers do you still go with one visit to the glass on the whole window or do you do the top opener then do another window and return to the original window to clean the glass under top opener. I'm trying to speed things up and returning to each window while lugging the backpack around is causing me to spend to long on each house, one visit would make a difference but at the moment i'm still a little cautious about drips from above etc. any advice much appreciated.
Stick the pack on a simple Einhell trolley for £40 and save the carrying.. I've got 30m of hose on mine then the pole hose and I can do a whole house from one spot if needs be.

Stick the pack on a simple Einhell trolley for £40 and save the carrying.. I've got 30m of hose on mine then the pole hose and I can do a whole house from one spot if needs be.
I used to do that but bust my trolley

I use my backpack connected to my reel by a few metres of hose and just dump both at the front of the house then use it like a mounted system with the reel

I used to do that but bust my trolleyI use my backpack connected to my reel by a few metres of hose and just dump both at the front of the house then use it like a mounted system with the reel
I got Amazon to replace one when I snapped the wheel off but so far so good with the replacement.

This one is better, and it means I can wheel it around the street if I'm doing several houses..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Einhell-BT-HT-100kg-Folding-Truck/dp/B003KIYD7U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1472335679&sr=8-2&keywords=Einhell+trolley

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
this is what i do if you have two letter boxs with big pain below

these can be what i call problem windows

wash top letter boxs as normal rinse also

the big pain below can be the problem wash it giving top seal gd scrub

move on to next window couple of minutes come back dry wipe the top start rinsing two inches below

the seal giving gd rinse.

i,ve got gd habbit off checking the problem windows , when i,m passing my work collecting i always have quick glimp

to see the work is bang on

there is few windows mainly plastic windows where the dont clean proper , i just do these trad easier and quicker

this is what i do if you have two letter boxs with big pain belowthese can be what i call problem windows

wash top letter boxs as normal rinse also

the big pain below can be the problem wash it giving top seal gd scrub

move on to next window couple of minutes come back dry wipe the top start rinsing two inches below

the seal giving gd rinse.

i,ve got gd habbit off checking the problem windows , when i,m passing my work collecting i always have quick glimp

to see the work is bang on

there is few windows mainly plastic windows where the dont clean proper , i just do these trad easier and quicker

I also enjoy a quick glimp :whistle:

Back