Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Thanks for the responses. Fully understand that it takes a certain amount of balls to get out there and make it happen, I don't intend on becoming another dreamer but time will tell! I'll give it my best:thumbs:

Mate just get out there and knock doors and you will soon have money coming in. Don't put it off otherwise you won't do it especially with a Mrs and kids you could very soon be taking them a nice wedge home each day

Thanks for the responses. Fully understand that it takes a certain amount of balls to get out there and make it happen, I don't intend on becoming another dreamer but time will tell! I'll give it my best:thumbs:
How many doors did you knock today? or small printed off leaflets in shop windows did you put up? :iaminnocent:

Start a facebook page as well, hammer the local buy/sell pages.

You can get yourself a bunch of customers before even starting.

Free ad on yell.com currently gets me a couple of leads per month...I was lucky to inherit about 40 properties, those were a godsend...just being out cleaning leads to more work...people walk up and ask if I'm available to clean theirs and existing customers recommend me to freinds/relatives...like Green says, have a clean shave, wear a clean company shirt, do a great job and this job snowballs like no other (does where I am anyway)...good luck to you.

[quote="El Sombrero, post: 308050, member:

I'm a grafter, and don't mind working on my own, I'm confident that I can make it work.

If that is true then that's all you need mate. Don't worry about the competition - that's a natural feeling when you start out. All the best /emoticons/smile.png

Just get out there and chap doors bud, they all say there's a window-cleaner in the street! Like he does the whole estate! It can be disheartening, but watch their face when ya say that's funny cos I've just picked up two down the road.

I'm just starting out too, making lots of mistakes etc. Guess what I'm saying is, remain positive at all times though. It'll keep you motivated!

Back