Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stick to the glass BIRD FEEDERS

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SPCleaning

I really dislike these things.

They get brittle and break in your hand when trying to get them off the glass.

They are awful to get back on the glass and drop off as soon as you turn your back.

The mess left on the glass is hard work to remove and can treble the time taken to get a good finish.

More trouble than they are worth.

I have been going to one job for about 6 months. Nice straight forward, clean sweep, no clutter. Today, they had not one, not two but 6 (SIX) stick to the glass bird feeders.

I have explained to the customer, that had these been in place when I quoted, I would have refused to take the job. So if they are there on my next visit I will not clean, and she will need another window cleaner.

She is probably ringing around for my replacement as I type.

yep you've obviously seen them fall to pieces when cheapy removes them...:rofl:

bird food flying everywhere...

hang on in there though sp as they dont tend to last and are more a fad..custy gets bored and they disappear..

dont think I have any at the mo....but yep ..you are there to clean the windows and its usually the bloomin patio or kitchen window so you dont want to leave the mess...

in the end ...I sorta skirt around them sheepishly....as yep if you broke it its your fault...

Clean window as if there not there, a good side swipe with a wfp brush soon has them dropping to the floor.

and of course you know five minutes after you just got it clean....

some bird misjudges and :turd: coming in to land....all over your nice clean window:rofl:

Pull it off, quick scrub and put them back on ...... but where was it? Up a bit, over there maybe....? **** knows.

Thermometers also.

I've only got onecusty with one. I just take it off before starting, and then don't put them back on after. Always put it on the ground somewhere different each time, he'll get bored playing hunt the feeder, and get the message eventually./emoticons/biggrin.png

Back