Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Peugeot experts v citroen dispatches (SWB)

slippy

Need a smallish van (parking issue) so was going to go for one of these? Are they both good. And is a SWB long enough?

If they are panel van or have wood on the floor is that a problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought they were the same van (apart from the badge). I've heard that the 2.0 litre engine is better than the 1.6 litre..

Need a smallish van (parking issue) so was going to go for one of these? Are they both good. And is a SWB long enough?
If they are panel van or have wood on the floor is that a problem?
Either or. 07 onwards are ace!

Both vans are the same only the badge is different. Same as the Peugeot partner and the Citroen berlingo.

I have a old style partner but on a 2010 plate. They are great for wfp. Parking no issues either. Biggest bonus is mates / family don't ask could we borrow your van to pick up.... sorry it's not big enough for that I used to have a lwb transit custom limited which was fantastic.

The 1.6l engine is a pile of :turd: on both those vans and will at some point cost you a lot of money

2l is fine

It is the problems that engine inherrently has

The oilway to the cambelt tensioner is a major fault also on those and the vauxhall combos which causes it to sieze and then trash the engine when the belt breaks

And the turbo problems are that bad suppliers won't offer a warranty anymore

The 1.6l engine is a pile of :turd: on both those vans and will at some point cost you a lot of money2l is fine

When u say 2l. Do you mean 2.0l hdi is OK or just 2.0 without hdi?

I have 2 dispatches. A 1.6 and a 2 litre. I've had them 2 plus years and not a problem with either so far. But the 2litre is a lot smoother and gear box seems better having 6 gears it uses less fuel than the 1.6 when loaded by about 1/3.

Agree with above. Mines a 1.6, it flies up hills fully loaded, had it 8 years and never had a spanner put to it apart from servicing.

My old expert 1.6, which I sold to my ex worker Danny, is still being used every day and has 160,000 miles on the clock, runs like a dream.

The key to these vans is regular servicing /emoticons/smile.png

You are one of the lucky ones then

You only need to google the 1.6hdci engine to see how many issues there are

2l never has an issue

The 1.6 is poo. I have one it's underpowered when full laden and prone the faults daveyboy mentioned. You have make sure you flush the engine during an oil change as the oilway is prone to clogging up. Turbos are a known fault as well. The 2.0 is much better.

Other than that I love the van. Great mid sized van and good payload.

I have a 2010 dispatch 1.6HDI. the engine is great, pulls great with 500ltr, no turbo problems. I would recommend blanking the EGR valve off and regular oil changes for a trouble free life.

Back