Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Patrick Flaherty

Hi all,

New to job of just 6 weeks. Going ok I guess, slow January but February getting going now. Just bought 1800w carbon fibre poles gutter vac from Gutter cleaning systems....smashing machine, did a practice on my daughters house this morning ready for first paid clearance tomorrow. Poles very light and strong and glad I didn't go for aluminum. Only thing I would change is the mirror.....to small really and think the type and size of those mirrors that are used by the Police/Army etc to check for bombs attached to under side of cars may be better.....just a small criticism..

Hi all,
New to job of just 6 weeks. Going ok I guess, slow January but February getting going now. Just bought 1800w carbon fibre poles gutter vac from Gutter cleaning systems....smashing machine, did a practice on my daughters house this morning ready for first paid clearance tomorrow. Poles very light and strong and glad I didn't go for aluminum. Only thing I would change is the mirror.....to small really and think the type and size of those mirrors that are used by the Police/Army etc to check for bombs attached to under side of cars may be better.....just a small criticism..
There's cheap cameras on eBay you stick it where the mirror is and hold screen down on the ground to see what's happening... saying that I bought one a year ago and have used it zero times [emoji849].... or nothing beats running up a ladder to double check if there not too high.. it's nice to take a photo anyway.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Same as luca...rather than use the camera I get the ladder off and do a visual on a corner where I can do 2 ways at once.

Generally find I need the ladder at some point anyway for stuff trapped or a minor repair.

I have a camera and used it but still ended up with ladder off so now it sits at home.

I usually charge around £25 a side for a semi for clearing.....if there's 3 sides I'll sometimes charge them a tenner extra for the 3rd side as usually at least one of the sides is virtually clear.

On more than a few I've messed about a bit before finishing just to get the time taken over the hour mark.

Had one the other week on a bungalow with 2 gutters for the roof and 2 for the dormers front and back.....consisted of one large sod on the back downstairs gutter over kitchen window and door.....that took some spinning out.

Back