Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sanding

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Roland

Stafford PowerWash Services
Newbie question about sanding!

Just sanded 200sqm of block paving, used five bags of sand and took about four hours.

I used a soft bristle broom to get brush the sand into the gaps and then a stiff nylon brush to tidy up.

Does that sound about right?

4 hours seems like a long time to go through 5 bags of sand.

Make sure you have a nice wide broom, sweep the sand into the joints filling them and don't worry too much about the sand on the surface I would recommend making a second pass with the brush to get that or I prefer to use a leaf blower 10x faster and will get you the best result if done correctly.

4 hours seems like a long time to go through 5 bags of sand.
Make sure you have a nice wide broom, sweep the sand into the joints filling them and don't worry too much about the sand on the surface I would recommend making a second pass with the brush to get that or I prefer to use a leaf blower 10x faster and will get you the best result if done correctly.
Do you just fill the joints or the bevel as well?

Its all practice and getting a good system to cover the ground without missing anywhere, leaf blowers are great particularly if your sealing afterwards as it gets rid of the stuff that you usually have to faff about with like the bevels and tight corners. I use a wide broom with relatively stiff bristles for the whole job, soft brushes tend to leave a sheet of sand behind them and lack the strength needed to get it out of the bevels,

I think that could be the problem, I am using a 12" very soft bristle brush and it does leave a sheet of sand which I then have to sweep up with the stiff bristle brush.

I think I will invest in an 18" medium bristle brush!

Back