Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

which water purification option?

mufcglen

not sure which route to go down, basically i'll be doing 250-300 litres a day max when i get going with my set up and at first will be using my 600 ltr tank to fill at home and then filling my 25 ltr tubs for my trolley but will be buying a van in the next few weeks and plan on building a system out of that.

now with all that in mind and my tap water is about 75ppm, do i go for an 300gpd ro with a small di chamber for £133http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251131623707?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 delivered off ebay

or do i go with 2 11 ltr di tanks that i seen on ebay that i may bet a little bit cheaper than advertised http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EMPTY-di-vessel-11lt-for-pure-water-making-new-head-riser-2011-2012-bottle-/151196014307?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item2333fc16e3

and finally a bag of resin for about £60-70.

i had my mind on the ro but the more i think about it when i get the van set up i can just pump tap water in to the van tank and then straight through the di's without having to wait!

only downside is having to replace resin.

what do you wfp guys think?????

go for the di when your water readings are so low

as you said straight into your tank then thro your twin di to purify

easy peasy no need to store water at all, if you run out off water middle of day no problem fill up straight from tap

into van

Yeah go DI for simplicity with 75ppm because as long as you put hoses on correctly there's nothing to go wrong really.

Twin 11L di, Corwoods for your Tulsion mb115 resin. Just have a think how you are going to get your pure in the 25L barrels, fill up at home is what I would do as it saves carrying a di around in your van or if you are getting a tank in your van, fill that with pure and bilge the pure into the barrels on the job.

cheers guys that does seem a good price, £80 in my local shop!

what about filling them up do i need a funnel or can i do without as theyre like £16 on that website!

and am i right in thinking starting off i only use one bottle than once the ppm starts to rise fill the next bottle up and put the old di before the fresh di to make the resin last longer?

You are right about the di chesh. I use an old yoghurt type plastic pot to fill my di. It takes about 80 scoops, but I'm buggered if I'm paying silly money for a funnel.

For the common type of DI vessel get a traffic cone (cut it down if necessary) off eBay & chuck it in through that!

I got one of the Longlife DI vessel which requires a specific funnel.

is it to stop the resin going down the middle?

and do you have to shake it up to make sure it all settles with no gaps etc or do you just fill to the top and your done?

one other question lol, with ro i know people say to get best out of them is to have the right pressure, am i right in thinking it doesnt matter with di's, you just turn the tap on basically and away it goes through them both?

Good ideas with the cones, I'll go and nick one tonight /emoticons/wink.png. Fill the vessel up to about where the curve starts, prob 80%, give it a shake while filling to settle it.

Latest Posts

Back