Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

which water purification option?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

......then once you have filled the di vessel up with resin to the bend, then fill it nearly to the top with water. This will make it easy to insert the riser tube and filters.

......then once you have filled the di vessel up with resin to the bend, then fill it nearly to the top with water. This will make it easy to insert the riser tube and filters.
thats the problem i had when i changed the vessel first time. filled it with ressin couldint get the riser tube tight

right faff i will do that next time

cheers guys that does seem a good price, £80 in my local shop!what about filling them up do i need a funnel or can i do without as theyre like £16 on that website!

and am i right in thinking starting off i only use one bottle than once the ppm starts to rise fill the next bottle up and put the old di before the fresh di to make the resin last longer?
You can also roll up a sheet of stiff cardboard into a funnel and use that

Chesh, i'd go ro mate, it will pay off in the long run.

My tap water varies from 034 to 096, i found i was doing a bag of resin every 6 months or so to keep the pure water at 000, thats using twin 9 litre.

So the way i reckoned it is in a year i used £140 ish of resin, my ro cost me £320 but a bag of resin will probably last 3 years now if not more, because of the low tap tds my ro produces 000 so the resin in my trailer is not doing anything apart from a final polish.

BUT........

If i run out of water at work, all my connections are hozelock so i just use a custys hose, connect it to my di and fill my tank, then put it back together, the water then gets double filtered.......bonus

For me it has given me the piece of mind that my water is always 000, so dont get the paranoia of checking the tds every week, just check it as i fill the ibc .

the probs with ro though is i have to wait for it dont i where if i get di's i can fill van tank and then pump it stright down the line through the di's and out of pole instead of having to wait for it to filter?

suppose its swings and roundabouts!

How many 25 ltr containers have you got?

So is your plan to have a few hundred litres of water that has been through your 1st di, then transfer it to your containers then it gets its second di treatment before going up the pole

Or are you gonna take your containers full, then once empty connect a custys hose to your di and fill your containers as you need them?

The cheapest way to start out is deffo twin di, you're lucky with your tap tds, but for me it was sort of a false economy, i like you use 350 ltrs a day sometimes more but not often as 350 is enough to do my daily cleaning.

But after buying my 3rd bag of resin and a **** up on my part not checking my final output tds often enough i got sick of always trying to stretch my resin as far as poss but keeping the water at 000.

But like i said earlier if i run out, all i do is quickly un click the di. Then use a custys hose and refill my tank, and because my water is 000 all the time the resin is like brand new so the custys water goes into my tank at approx 6-10 tds

I then put the di back in line, so when i start cleaning again the water is filtered again before going up the pole and is at 000

So i have one di in the trailer after the pump as normal, and my second di is sat at home redundant, only because i cant be bothered to put hozelock fittings onto it, otherwise i wouldn't need to un click the di in the trailer

Do get what i'm on about lol

Back