Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tagging users

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
No not that sort of tag we are not criminals!

I thought I would do a series of posts on varying functions of the site. This one being about tagging a user!

So you are now able to tag users, this is very helpful if you want to get a members attention or want to draw a member In to a current discussion. Members who are tagged will get a notification to let them know, and a link to the post they are tagged in.

So for example I could say @mark m check this post out, I am explaining to members about tagging users and sorry I keep tagging you!!!!

Mark will now get a notification he is tagged here and come take a look. So that is another helpful use at times if you feel a mod or me need to see something, tag us. Although I would preffer you used the report system.

So how do we tag a user then? Its simple all you do is use the at symbol then start trying the users name, you will then get a list of users pop up. Click the one you want and your done. For example. @usernamehere

/emoticons/wink.png

Well now you know for sure as I've just proved you can't tag yourself and you can't edit your post to tag someone either too /emoticons/biggrin.png

So I just want into that post added the @ and it looks like it tagged you. You may need to add the @ symbol then delete the last letter of the name to trigger pop up box of names. I didn't need to do this though @Smurf.

Whilst editing the post above to put an @ before gav I removed the v, typed the v back in got the popup so selected your name but once done all the text after "I will have another go now" disappeared @Gav

I did wonder how to tag someone so now I know @Gav .

Thanks for your op as will come in very handy /emoticons/wink.png

Back