Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Green filter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Carlos86

WindyMillar
Hi everyone.

I'm having problems with my filters going green, at first I thought it may be algae that has gotten into the hose pipe that I use to fill up.

Like an idiot I went on holiday and left my hoses on the lawn.

I've changed my hoses and my filters but after a week the filter is going green again.

I am still getting a zero reading but I'm worried something isn't right.

Any help much appreciated.

I'm using a pure freedom tank set up.

Carl

Do you have the side door open while working??

Consistent daylight shining on that clear filter will encourage algae to grow

If you have been away it would have had time to establish

You will need to wash it all out with some sort of bleach i reckon

No the only doors I leave open are the back ones and even those are kept shup to, especially when im in the rougher areas.

This is the second filter I've bought in 2 months and I just can't think what it could be.

I've got a feeling that if I did bleach the clear filter housing and bought another filter it would just happen again.....but I'm willing to give it a go mate

It's just an idea as sunlight will cause algae quite easily

May not be that

yep you have an issue mate,but nothing that can't be overcome with time and good working pratice.

firstly we can assume your whole ro stystem is the same as your pre filter including the 40/40,its basicly one big breeding ground for bacteria,most window cleaning stystems are like this tbh.

you'll not find any advice on how to cure this from the suppliers as they'll just want you to buy new filters and membranes if i'm honest

funnily enough i was reading up on cleaning membranes today and how to maintain ro stystems (i was looking at a certain chemichal for other reasons and the uses caught my eye)

I have seen an indian guy on youtube cleaning membranes with citric acid

True suppliers on the whole are just out to sell more stuff

Not all as a few good ones are about and on here as well

I was going to phone pure freedom but I always feel like I've been ripped off when I leave.

I'm thinking it's something I'm doing wrong that has caused this, but i flush my system through every few weeks for half an hour and I do try to keep everything clean.

Could my system be infected so to speak?

I'm thinking my R/O filters must be ok because my tank isn't going green, it's just some kind of contamination.

Has anyone actually ever heard of this happening before and how to fix it?

I'm thinking my R/O filters must be ok because my tank isn't going green, it's just some kind of contamination.Has anyone actually ever heard of this happening before and how to fix it?
the bacteria will have spread through to the ro and into your tank mate,i assume your tank isnt going green because you'll use nearly a full one every day so it has no chance to colonise

Right I see what you're saying, so it could have started with leaving the hoses on the lawn, then ive contaminated everything.

Guessing the best bet would be to replace all pipes,filters etc etc

Right I see what you're saying, so it could have started with leaving the hoses on the lawn, then ive contaminated everything.Guessing the best bet would be to replace all pipes,filters etc etc[/QU

i think your best bet is to ask your question on a fb group called yorkshire window cleaners,theres a few on there who can help further

Latest Posts

Back