Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Des It Cost On Average A Week To Run Wfp Systems

Murphy

How much does it cost a week to run a wfp system say doing 30 ,3 bed average size houses a day, 4 days a week .

depends what set up you have to make pure water,

with fuel, water, and a few maintenance bits,

i think we are between £40-£50

i worked it out once that it would cost me, £3.23 per house, if i was to employ someone, this was for wages, fuel, van etc

i dont work it out weekly... i work it out monthly

Spend 80 quid every 5 weeks on resin

then if something goes wrong u gotta buy bits and bobs....

to be honest it doesnt cost much to run wfp.... not if your using a ro........ or if your ppm is low and your using a di...... all depends on how you purify your water /emoticons/smile.png

u gotta look at your van costs more os running the van is the most expensivest part we got MOT, Tax , Insurance , Petrol N Maintenance to pay for thats were all the money goes mate lol

My system costs me approx £10 per month.. I'm on di only with tds reading 042...

Even if you need a full ro system the costs will be quite low although will cost more to set up..

Murphy, are you talking in comparision to using ladders? Because if you are then taking the running costs of a van are irrelivent as you would still have these. Also are you on a water meter? I'm lucky an am not, so that is a big saving. My costs for WFP have been new pre filters every six months, I'm still on the same RO which is 2.5 years old. So I have spent £100 on filters over 2.5 years, so that is 77p a week. My water comes out low enough of my RO not to need resin.

How much does it cost a week to run a wfp system say doing 30 ' date='3 bed average size houses a day, 4 days a week .[/quote']Ive got a 650ltr Ro, every tank of water costs about 6quid but i can do about £250 per day on my own in the van so its well worth it.Its twice as quick as a traditional.

Another few years and there will be no suck thing as a traditional window cleaner. WFP the future.

If on a water meter the 300 tank works out about £10 a day i think.You can get the water people to put a meter on it, so you know what is home/business use

Salt monthly for me is £10

I have filters that need changing as and when, you could probably say a couple of hundred a year for this.

If on a water meter the 300 tank works out about £10 a day i think.You can get the water people to put a meter on it, so you know what is home/business use
Salt monthly for me is £10

I have filters that need changing as and when, you could probably say a couple of hundred a year for this.
I'm on water meter and it only costs £1.20 something per 1000lts you use.

I'm on water meter and it only costs £1.20 something per 1000lts you use.
Oh really. I got that information from a local windy. Just goes to show, dont believe everything people tell you.lol

Oh really. I got that information from a local windy. Just goes to show' date=' dont believe everything people tell you.lol[/quote']true. im with anglian water and this is there charges, it has go up since i last looked tho,

Water supply - £29 per yer then £1.45 per 1000lts

Sewerage services (properties connected for both foul and surface water drainage) - £83 per year, then £1.58 per 1000lts

so you are looking at around £3.03 per 1000lts used.

i use a 1000lt ibc tank and an RO to make my water, at the moment the cost for me to make 1000lts of pure water is £ £9.09.

i dont use a 1000lts daily, use 250lt-300lts so around £2.70 each day just for water.

ahh im guessing however much water U use they charge U for same amount in sewerage aswell' date=' is that right?[/quote']They charge you a percentage of what you use. You can claim a discount on the bill but you need to tell them that it's business use, then you would beput on business tariff and that costs more!

How they know how much UV sent down sewer?
Whatever we chuck down the sewer will not be traced compared to the millions of gallons lost everyday through leaks. 1000ltr to us is a lot, to them it is the film of dust on the proverbial scales!

Latest Posts

Back