Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP - How much flow do you use day to day?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PJ Bullard

How fast do you have the water coming out of the jets? I've recently turned up the flow and have noticed a better clean. Just asking because I was told flow didn't matter but I think it does, especially when rinsing at the end.

I've got a backpack and if flow is up high, it drinks the pure fast. At the lowest setting, the flow is a bit higher than a dribble, and at the highest setting, its shooting out 3 or 4 ft.

Whats the perfect flow?

My pump runs on 40 constantly, the quicker the water comes out , the quicker the job will take i.e. Less time flushing the glass, when the pump is too slow u spend far to long cleaning g & flushing , time is everything in this game

Switch it up and get moving

How fast do you have the water coming out of the jets? I've recently turned up the flow and have noticed a better clean. Just asking because I was told flow didn't matter but I think it does, especially when rinsing at the end.
I've got a backpack and if flow is up high, it drinks the pure fast. At the lowest setting, the flow is a bit higher than a dribble, and at the highest setting, its shooting out 3 or 4 ft.

Whats the perfect flow?
I have mine about halfway on my backpack

I have my van system controller at 60 but have drilled out the jets on my phenix neon brush so they are wider and really flood the glass has speed up my round and does a very good job .

The slower the flow the more time you will spend rinsing to get a good finish. When I tried this I actually used a lot more water as a result. I now run my 5lpm pump at 80%. I get a good finish much quicker this way and actually use considerably less water

Interesting comments, thanks. Have to say thought that I have no idea about the numbers you guys are quoting as I have a Big Boy backpack and its just got a dial **** that you turn.

I have my two poles on 60 flow all day from 8.15 am til 3pm an we work off a 650 ltr van tank. We found this is the best flow to work with as it gives a great rinse in less time. Time is money after all.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Are you using two batteries & two pumps or powering both from 1 & 1? I'm adding another reel soon. Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I adjust my flow according to the size of the glass or "surface area", if it's big panes I wack it on full to get the water rolling down, if it's small panes I'll turn it down no point in wasting water I'm working with Backpacks from a Berlingo Multispace so can only cram in 300 litres.

I run a very low flow, don't have a controller but the pump draws about 1.5A.

Yes, it surely does take longer to clean and rinse, but since I only have space to bring 150l along, it makes it possible for me to work a whole day without refilling. So in the end it saves me time.

I have a varistream digital controller and I have that on 5. Every one is given there settings but not the controller they are using. surely 40 on one type of controller will be different on another.

Latest Posts

Back