Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tecbuk Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Richard

How does doing the windows twice cut the time in half? Perhaps your post explains why I get better results doing true devided light windows with my Gardiner Dual Trim than I get doing them with my Boars Hair.

Mike.. Just buy a hybrid brush pal.. It's not a slow brush, and dosent need a high flow rate to make it quick, but your prob better with a higher flow anyway due to condition of the windows which will help speed you up.. So really your not wasting water either if your cleaning time is reduced?

RichardHow does doing the windows twice cut the time in half? Perhaps your post explains why I get better results doing true devided light windows with my Gardiner Dual Trim than I get doing them with my Boars Hair.
Mike getting the windows to a clean finish takes a lot longer with a dirty brush; I remove most of the dirt with the initial clean brush (quickly) then finish of off the job with perfectly clean brush or in the UK - your regular maintenance clean brush.

I always have a first clean brush already attached to a pole, but if I do change the brush I release the quick release Y piece hose connector from the pole hose and un-screw the angle adapter from the pole, replace with alternative brush & angle adapter which is already attached to the brush. It takes half a minute to do, but saves a lot of time over trying to get the windows perfectly cleans with a dirty brush. /emoticons/smile.png

Richard

I wonder if windows in the UK get dirty faster than here in the US? Do the folks in Germany get their windows cleaned as often as the people in the UK?

I wonder if windows in the UK get dirty faster than here in the US? Do the folks in Germany get their windows cleaned as often as the people in the UK?

I’ve got customers who have 2nd homes in the US, they tell me when they visit there American friends (homes), they notice there windows are (very) dirty. In the UK a lot of residential customers want there windows to be clean/look clean throughout the year.

I would have thought you could build a more compact customer base and open up a huge market of maintaining customer’s windows at least quarterly.

Richard

Window cleaning trade in the winter is no gud in the usa
I worked in the Denver Colorado area from 2001-2007 elevation of about 5000 ft, decent amount of snow and it was a dry cold. Got up many days at 4/5 am to get the commercial work out of the way, residential would slow down around xmas. Would work about 30 hours a week during the those times. I would rather work up there then in Texas, summers here are pretty nasty 100+ degrees with high humidity. I try to limit working during those times, to old for that stuff, and not a fan of tons of sweat dripping into the eyes. I could see areas further north of CO not being fun to work in though.

I work in New England and love the weather here. Winters aren't to cold and the summers aren't to hot. I guess the weather has nothing to do with how often people get their windows cleaned, the folks in England just have a higher standard for clean windows and that's a good thing for my window cleaning friends across the pond.

Maybe I'll give the Tecbuk Hybrid a try some day. My guess is that I'll wait for the newer, lighter designed block to come out. What can I say I guess I'm a big Gardiner fan. Cheers. /emoticons/smile.png

Cool story lads wish i was down your neck of the woods lol

And wer is denver collerado? Lol

Latest Posts

Back