Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial quote

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rascal

I have a small commercial job to quote. I don't usually bother with this as it can be a pain but can be a good earner?

The job is approx 50m. Just two story, 3 sides, large square alloy gutters. It will need a generator which I have. I will probably look to do it on a Saturday just to avoid people and traffic as it's mainly around a car park and the drive. I reckon I could do it in an hour but don't want to undersell myself as i'm new to commercial stuff....

The last one I did was approx 120m (standard half round plastic gutters) that I charged a lot of dosh to do.

Well depending how bad it was I would want at least £300 for that one to make it worth my while.

I have a small commercial job to quote. I don't usually bother with this as it can be a pain but can be a good earner?
The job is approx 50m. Just two story, 3 sides, large square alloy gutters. It will need a generator which I have. I will probably look to do it on a Saturday just to avoid people and traffic as it's mainly around a car park and the drive. I reckon I could do it in an hour but don't want to undersell myself as i'm new to commercial stuff....

I was going to take a punt at £200. I've already had a look with the camera, it's not bad at all

I would go in higher if it was me as the ones you think are going to be easy are generally the ones that turn out pigs to do.

3 quid a metre would be reasonable for a residential iob so would be 150

Commercial you bump it up as they will claim it back on tax so go for it mate

Plus the generator which I used to hire in. Just got a bargain recently for a brand new 5kva loncin, only £300. This will help pay for it if I get it.....

Whatever you personally want to earn for a days work is what you should charge

We all have our own ideas on price but if you had that 1 job for a day and would be happy with 200 for a day then that's what you charge if you get my point

Whatever you personally want to earn for a days work is what you should chargeWe all have our own ideas on price but if you had that 1 job for a day and would be happy with 200 for a day then that's what you charge if you get my point
generally I agree but with commercial it's different I think. This job is 2 hours max so it's cheeky money but i'm willing to experiment. Some of the figures I have heard for some domestic jobs recently doesn't make me think this is unreasonable...

I like to push the boundaries regarding price all the time to max my profit regardless how long a job takes and is no skin off my nose if they like the price or not. Some will pay a lot more for work to be carried out knowing the job will be done properly & safely too.

I've always driven around in bangers and had a few moments wondering if they would reach the top of a hill. Then prayed they would stop ok down the other side:D

Got the job! It's all a learning curve. Might have to go out and buy a high vis vest and hard hat to look the part. Interestingly I haven't been asked for any method statements or anything. That's the sort of thing that puts me off work like this usually

Back