Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ext pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sean murray

Hi all. Bit of advice needed. I have a couple of houses on my books that have massive high Windows on the gable end of the house. Now I mean the whole gable end is almost all glass ( no pictures sorry). What's the best way to attack these? I have been using 12ft pole with basic washer and squeegee, but to be honest I am not getting a great result from it. Especially on hot days. Just interested to see how you guys deal with these. Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Bit of advice needed. I have a couple of houses on my books that have massive high Windows on the gable end of the house. Now I mean the whole gable end is almost all glass ( no pictures sorry). What's the best way to attack these? I have been using 12ft pole with basic washer and squeegee, but to be honest I am not getting a great result from it. Especially on hot days. Just interested to see how you guys deal with these. Thanks in advance.
I use a slimline wagtail flipper on a harris pole for high windows. Lower windows a blue unger pole that I picked up in the clearance section of b&q

Hi Sean. I do the same as you and on hot days make sure that my applicator is soaking wet (water running out of it) and do a section at a time so that I can squeegee before the water dries. I have two poles, one with the applicator and one with the squeegee. It is MUCH easier when I have an assistant!

Mainly because I have two poles /emoticons/wink.png but also because the glass is so hot that water steams off the glass as I apply it. If I had that much water it would go everywhere when I swapped from applicator to squeegee I would think? May try one, if it doesn't work then at least I will know.

Thanks very much. I have two poles so will try that. I'd love to try one of them wagtail flipper lads. Think I'd need a lesson on how to use it. Looks tricky.

One of these diy harris poles and an excelerator with fliq

With the angle adapter and the 3 different angle options on tje excelerator you will have no issues with closing out

[media]

[/media]

Back