Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Prices Needed For 11 Commercial Solar Panel Cleaning Jobs In Surrey Area.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OK then this new 125,000 panel farm would earn you £41,666 at 30p a panel but would take on average say 2 mins a panel one person over 18 months to clean them once without any breaks and working 7 days a week. You would also use a minimum of approx 250,000 ltrs of pure water to clean them. Go figure /emoticons/biggrin.png
Not really a money spinner is it chaps :rolleyes:
Where do i sign......

They would be defo brain dead after there fist week /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cant see anyone wanting let alone sticking at that job do you if paid min wage? :rolleyes:

OK then this new 125,000 panel farm would earn you £41,666 at 30p a panel but would take on average say 2 mins a panel one person over 18 months to clean them once without any breaks and working 7 days a week. You would also use a minimum of approx 250,000 ltrs of pure water to clean them. Go figure /emoticons/biggrin.png
Not really a money spinner is it chaps :rolleyes:
You ever done a solar farm smurf?

Just had a look and every forum known to man and beast has got this thread so maybe a few companys are up for this so called job

You are not going to get anywear near £4 per panel for doing commercial spf chips :rolleyes:

They are in business to make money not give it to you /emoticons/biggrin.png

At 4 quid a panel I'd make the 8 hour round trip for the next 2 years for half a mill!

I call it bullshite myself as most spf's have already got a service contract in place including sp maintenance, security & even ground maintenance too boot /emoticons/biggrin.png

OK you might get sud-sub-contract work out of it but the ppl making the real money will not be you chaps. :rolleyes:

probably right smurf, it is prob subbed to steve, who wants to sub it again, try and make money with out doing any thing,

the prob with asking for a quote is we are quoting blind, not knowing exactly what is on offer, i know some of the sights near me in newquay are massive, but are low and are very easy to clean, with the right equipment, no moving of vans, water on site, get done any weather, they can make a nice earner

one of the probs i see when it comes to pricing work, a lot of people try and price as if they are massive companys, then moan when they lose the work to a "doley" who are happy making £100 a day (and there is few of them down here) they you got the other end of the scale, business with a few vans, throw a load of staff on it and gets done really quickly, plus if they are on 6 month cycles, they could easily be spread over the months, ie 1 one week, 1 the next, etc, great little earner for the right person

Just had a look and every forum known to man and beast has got this thread so maybe a few companys are up for this so called job
Yep. There is a lot of interest and rightly so. I'm not looking for a big margin at all, I just want them done properly. These are only 11 sites, but there are a couple of hundred in total on the same contract. Potential? Yes.

You are not going to get anywear near £4 per panel for doing commercial spf chips :rolleyes: They are in business to make money not give it to you /emoticons/biggrin.png
Correct smurf. But if there are hundreds of panels on a site, you don't need anywhere near £4 to make it profitable.

I call it bullshite myself as most spf's have already got a service contract in place including sp maintenance, security & even ground maintenance too boot /emoticons/biggrin.png
OK you might get sud-sub-contract work out of it but the ppl making the real money will not be you chaps. :rolleyes:
I disagree. Each company is providing their prices based on what they need to earn, that's real money whichever way you look at it. If the money is not right for you on this, you can go and earn the 'real money' elsewhere. Not a problem mate. :)

probably right smurf, it is prob subbed to steve, who wants to sub it again, try and make money with out doing any thing,

the prob with asking for a quote is we are quoting blind, not knowing exactly what is on offer, i know some of the sights near me in newquay are massive, but are low and are very easy to clean, with the right equipment, no moving of vans, water on site, get done any weather, they can make a nice earner

one of the probs i see when it comes to pricing work, a lot of people try and price as if they are massive companys, then moan when they lose the work to a "doley" who are happy making £100 a day (and there is few of them down here) they you got the other end of the scale, business with a few vans, throw a load of staff on it and gets done really quickly, plus if they are on 6 month cycles, they could easily be spread over the months, ie 1 one week, 1 the next, etc, great little earner for the right person
I agree blue with most of the above. Like I have said to companies, assume the panels are ground mounted, an odd one may be roof mounted, so of course the price will change accordingly. We have looked at a few sites in Newquay, Cornwall and hope to be doing something there this year.
The company with these sites will not accept doleys, so I have no fear of losing it to them. They are 6 month cycles, 2 or 3 sites can be done in a day they are that close together. It will be an earner, no doubt.

I agree blue with most of the above. Like I have said to companies, assume the panels are ground mounted, an odd one may be roof mounted, so of course the price will change accordingly. We have looked at a few sites in Newquay, Cornwall and hope to be doing something there this year.
The company with these sites will not accept doleys, so I have no fear of losing it to them. They are 6 month cycles, 2 or 3 sites can be done in a day they are that close together. It will be an earner, no doubt.
by doleys i meant the ones who dont need to earn 000s a day, because if you dont, u seem to be treated as if your a doley working cash in hand

is it that big one in newquay you got to do?

Back