Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Drying Cloths In Car?

slippy

I have some thin rope from one handle to another on my back seats, but the rope/string is too close and the cloths touch and take forever to dry, what is the best way to dry them? What drying device should I use inside my car! Think it is too cold and wet to dry them on outside of the car!

i dry the scrim (as in pix) from door outside cos they dry quickly, but the sill cloths take forever!

View attachment 2267

View attachment 2268

I have about 40 of each type of cloth, dry cloths make my cleaning faster by a fair bit and I will use most of them every three days then wash them and go again, and can not for the life of me understand why people scrimp on cloths

After what people are saying I think I need more cloths.

I did have about a dozen scrims and a dozen sill cloths, now I have 3 scrims and one sill cloth lol.

Going to go shopping....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

The thing is I only clean on Saturdays (this is a p/t job for me) so i dont wash them every week, (every few weeks) i do on average five houses a week. All on Saturday so do i really need more than four scrims and 12 sill cloths?

I have enough cloths so that I collect them in a bag as they get wet / dirty during the week then wash and dry them at the weekend.

Drying wet cloths in the car this time of year will build up damp mould in the car as it cannot dry out properly.

I have enough cloths so that I collect them in a bag as they get wet / dirty during the week then wash and dry them at the weekend.

Drying wet cloths in the car this time of year will build up damp mould in the car as it cannot dry out properly.

There is no need to wash your cloths as they are wet with soapy water in the first place, just a good rinse in clean water with a bit of bleach is all you need.

^^ They're cheaper from costco, 36 for £13. I don't do that much trad work but when I do I don't use scrims any more, microsuede are streets ahead and still clean up well when wet unlike a scrim.

what boils me is my work mate insists on drying the sills with dry scrims

you end up going home with boat load of scrims to wash

wet scrim to wipe sills hayho thats all it needs

Latest Posts

Back