Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Too good to be true

Jackjoewill

Changed to wfp three months ago after thirty years trad. On my fifth clean now (every 3 weeks) and can't believe the difference. I am finding the windows so clean before I start, and am feeling slightly guilty cleaning them. Also I am flying through my work, without even trying. Is this the same for everyone, and will it get even better in the summer.

Why did I not change years ago ?

The force is strong with this one...I feel like saying "Well I told you so" /emoticons/biggrin.png

No thanks Tuffers. I'm 62 now and am happy with my lot. I'm really lucky my son is also a window cleaner, and he purifies the water for me. I just fill my five barrels a day, take my trolley in the car, and off I go for six hours. Used to be seven hours, climbing the ladder about 100 times a day. This is heaven.

well i have just started up in the last month, not cleaned trad ever so cant compare. But after doing first cleans i was questioning my decision to go into window cleaning, using lots of water and taking ages...

Just started doing 2nd cleans and now im starting to see whats possible, think i cleaned 5 houses in 1hr30min other day compare that with about 5 hour the first time around, a combination of refining technique and the windows hardly needing any cleaning, i know i could knock 30 mins off that as well once i get a longer pole and a van mount and more confident.

Ive no experience of summer wither only rain and wind and cold so far, cant wait for spring to get out canvassing and grafting and earning:)

I take five barrels with me each day now. Six hour day, and I still have water left at the end of the day. Finished today, and cleaned my car with the remainder.

I take five barrels with me each day now. Six hour day, and I still have water left at the end of the day. Finished today, and cleaned my car with the remainder.
If you want to make your life even easier cheap pump in a box are 130 from eBay then you just connect a hose and walk to your property your cleaning

90% of my customers are three weeks, with the remainder every six weeks. It's been like that for over thirty years without complaint. How's thar robbing them.

If the customers are getting a service they are happy with then its all good. Just think how many less customers you would need.

Hey, I'm just jealous. Mine are nearly all bi monthly! Don't people get annoyed with a bill every three weeks though?

Never had a problem. About half my customers pay on the day, while I collect for about an hour on Thursday and Friday nights.

I suppose after all this time, they are used to it.

Back