Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

End Of Tenancy Cleaning (Windows Only)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

O

OoO

Does anybody do this? Not interested in carpets or cleaning.

Just the window side of things.....?

Been approached by an estate agent and they want us on board ASAP.

Already getting emails coming through for the houses to be cleaned /emoticons/unsure.png

Anything to watch out for.

I have confirmed we will be cleaning external windows and frames. Internal is glass only. Not opening any windows at all!

Sounds to good to be true.

They give us key, we can clean whenever we want. Hand key back, get paid within 30 days?

Anything i need to look out for.....

We are FULLY insured for this as well /emoticons/smile.png

Damo

good number if you can get it, a mate does it but he carpet cleans as well, i've tried to get windows only but had no luck, but its well paid

good number if you can get it, a mate does it but he carpet cleans as well, i've tried to get windows only but had no luck, but its well paid
Well they approached us. We came HIGHLY recommended /emoticons/biggrin.png So thats made me very happy /emoticons/biggrin.png

A guy I use to work for did these, he went and picked up the keys, done the job, then dropped off the keys and charged for the time he'd been since picking up the keys... Earned loads from it...

A guy I use to work for did these, he went and picked up the keys, done the job, then dropped off the keys and charged for the time he'd been since picking up the keys... Earned loads from it...
Thats exactly what they want us to do. Its the fact the house will be empty and you can clean whenever that i like /emoticons/smile.png

Does anybody do this? Not interested in carpets or cleaning.
Just the window side of things.....?

Been approached by an estate agent and they want us on board ASAP.

Already getting emails coming through for the houses to be cleaned /emoticons/unsure.png

Anything to watch out for.

I have confirmed we will be cleaning external windows and frames. Internal is glass only. Not opening any windows at all!

Sounds to good to be true.

They give us key, we can clean whenever we want. Hand key back, get paid within 30 days?

Anything i need to look out for.....

We are FULLY insured for this as well /emoticons/smile.png

Damo
I've been doing this a while now,nothing to watch out for other than charge more if end of tenancy as some can be really bad.

Don't be shy with prices as agency will charge extra if not done through customer.

If a long term let they will be really bad.

You may also find agency will recommend you to tenant to have windows cleaned throughout let and the agency will pay you direct so no chasing up customers,happy days!

I do this as well, hard for anything to go wrong. They do like the dirt behind the bottom seal to be scrubbed out. Tip - I invoice the agents with the price but I offer an early settlement discount (10%) if paid within five working days. They nearly always do this, anything to save money!

Done my first one today, went really well. But i have to go back tomorrow to sort out streaking.

The windows are shot. The frames and seals are really bad.

I cleaned and rinsed 10 times, but two windows have streaked.

I am really tempted to trad these one off's inside and out.

I may use WFP on the outside, then do inside. Then check outside.

Tbh it was quite fun, and quick.

/emoticons/smile.png

Done my first one today, went really well. But i have to go back tomorrow to sort out streaking.
The windows are shot. The frames and seals are really bad.

I cleaned and rinsed 10 times, but two windows have streaked.

I am really tempted to trad these one off's inside and out.

I may use WFP on the outside, then do inside. Then check outside.

Tbh it was quite fun, and quick.

/emoticons/smile.png
Seriously mate might be worth traditional as a lot of the windows I do are really bad,some never been cleaned for years,save the aggro of checking and going back unless they request a frequent clean.

You can always charge more.!

Yeah think ya right on that. Might be easier to quickly wash outside and frames with WFP. Do inside then trad outside m

hope you don't mind me asking.....But how do you price this sort of work?

If i use my house as an example....3 bed house.......i have two windows @ 4feet square.....two about 6' long x 4' high then down stairs french doors, back door, small window attached. front door and a bay window about 4' high x 8'

If my house was a regular customer it would be £10 every 4 weeks

The whole one off clean bit i am just not sure how to price. As i rent i thought i could approach my agent for this sort of work. Just dont want to be loosing money or over charge and not get another one.

Sorry that im always picking everyones brains!

Window cleaning needs to be on time really.

I am pricing the work on time, but it is a lot easier.

They are not occupied and no furniture or stuff on window sills. Plus I can do whatever time I wan't and can work weekends on them.

Same as damo,on average I charge double as they can be pretty minging.

the owners get the agency in to normally make sure house is looked after.

The agents I do work for take the money out of deposit if tenants haven't looked after property.

I also get the tenants ringing me up as they want their deposit back and some of the houses I do are BIG.

Remember some of the people I do work for have deposits of thousands.got a biggy to price up later.with this sort of work you need some experience.

Easy come and easy go.

Not heard a peep in over a month.

Put in a bill for £95 for nearly 4 hours hard graft, non stop!!! They paid the bill, but will just move onto someone cheaper no doubt.

Well they contacted me again. Done a massive minging house today. Asked her straight what sort of prices they are thinking of paying.

Might as well straight to the point lol

Looks to be good. EOTC is good money. But sticking to windows only
Stick at it fella,done a massive house,now got my feet under the table with a contract and now quote treble the clean as always minging but sometimes an absolute bonus.

Had 2 like that the other day,landlord turned up and couldn't believe the transformation.

she was going to replace the windows so she bunged me a large drink and has lots of properties all over Essex that she wants me to look after.well worth doing mate.

I've done a few of these for local estate agents letting divisions, I tend to go armed with my steamer and hit the frames and interior glass with that then trad the inside. Outside I usually use a very stiff brush on the frames before I go to do the inside then wfp as usual for an initial clean on the outside, this allows the frame to dry a little and any streaks to be cleaned off later. I also bill by the hour for this usually ~£40/hr

Back