Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just Starting Out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A

a1group

I have been fitting and repairing guttering for the past 7 years. I have just started as self employed but I am not guaranteed a full working week with the company I sub for.

I was thinking of offering a gutter cleaning service part time my questions are

Is £30 for a detached house to cheap

How often do the gutters need to be cleaned

Is this a good business to get into

Any advise would be more them welcome

Cheers

Stewart

Tried searching for you on the internet so might be half your problem why you are not getting much work.

I know lads around my way that make a good living just replacing guttering etc which they give me leads for gutter cleaning as they are too busy most of the year. Mostly do one-off cleans but have customers that I do yearly too :rolleyes:

I tend not to have a standard price structure for gutter clearing as each job is different so I price accordingly taking into account height, access, condition of guttering etc but I do have a min charge of £35 no matter how small the job I get called out to do.

For example

1st pic - unblocking one downspout at the front of this terraced house I charged £35 (10 mins)

2nd pic - cleared gutter run & unblock the downspout at the rear only of this semi I charged £50.(30 mins) Still have to call back to do the front as weather turned bad.

3rd & 4 pic - cleared guttering & downspouts then washed down the oustide filthy guttering and fascia on this small detached I charged £125 (1.5 hours)

So as you can see you can make good money gutter clearing also upselling other services like fascia cleaning will increase your earnings too. For difficult access jobs I've found a guttervac also comes in very handy /emoticons/wink.png

I have been fitting and repairing guttering for the past 7 years. I have just started as self employed but I am not guaranteed a full working week with the company I sub for.
I was thinking of offering a gutter cleaning service part time my questions are

Is £30 for a detached house to cheap

How often do the gutters need to be cleaned

Is this a good business to get into

Any advise would be more them welcome

Cheers

Stewart

Back