Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Staff collecting and keeping cash. Yes or no?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steele

I have one guy working for me, a good friend but will be taking on others very soon. At present if a customers pays cash he makes a note on the work sheet and he keeps the cash. This is then deducted from the percentage he earns.

How do you guys manage this? Do your subbys return all cash to you then you pay them all there wages at the end of the month?

Cheers

As and when the time arrises for me to employ staff I would bank all cash paid through the business and pay them a wage monthly, would keep things better organised I would think and easier on accounting.

I would have all cash handed in daily or when they come for more work as i think it encourages a better way of working..then pay them on payday

Saves any hassle

The guys who worked for the company i subbed off got there work daily or every few days depending on how they worked but each time handed in all that had been collected

I was different as i was subbing and just gave him 20% every time i saw him

But i reckon there is also more temptation for someone who is not happy to get a pocketfull of cash and walk

the only proper way to do it is accept no cash on the door [if youv several vans that is ] customers must pay by post /online only

the big firm in my area does it that way , all thru a P.O. BOX number

iv 3 workers but we all work as a crew from 1 van so there little chance of worker fraud . sometimes cash is passed to a crew member but they hand it directly to me straight away. i then share out any tips straight away

When I have staff on the books I have no issues with them collecting, they mark it off the sheet and hand it in daily.

All cash goes to the bank, staff get paid by BACS, that way there is always a paper trail so when ta man says, 'prove you paid so & so £15k last year' well it's right there on your statements.

the trouble starts when Mrs Oldie get a reminder to pay ,she angrily says "iv gave the lads the money " the lads say no no [or even worse cannot recall] , but the oldie GENUINELY believes she has paid [but the truth it she DID give them the money the previous month but cant recall whats what.

When I worked for someone a good few years ago doing the Windows I personally didn't like to collect the money for that reason, just keeping myself sound from any misunderstanding and accusation. Although the tips at the end of the year certainly didn't reflect what he was getting in, especially seeing what I've been getting so far working for myself.

Back