Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Face Book

WCF

Help Support WCF:

silversurfer

So guys as above...

Do you advertise your services on selling pages? do you get much work from it?

Has anyone build their customer base on it?

Just curious and thinking of starting a business page...thoughts please gents :thumbsup:

my round was going nowhere fast [it was still growing, but slowly]

posting daily on the facebook selling pages i reckon i trebled my round no exagerrating. it takes a while to find out what works and what doesnt , its a learning curve, well worth 20 minutes of your time each day

cuntbook

but its ok, smash the **** of it and you will pick up a few, for me its 2 or 3 a week when im hitting it constantly everyday but lots of people seem to do better

I use my own facebook page far too much, but don't understand where you'd push your business page? Apart from to your current friends?

You go on settings and create a page

Like a mini website

Copy the link and post on every local buy, swap and sell, community group you can find and join

Do it daily for a few weeks and you will get work from it

After a while every time someone posts about needing a windie which happens a lot your customers you got from those groups who tend to live on facebook start posting your name and link for you so it sort of snowballs a bit

You must create a page from your personal account as facebook love to shut down purely business accounts but won't touch it if part of your personal one

Yes does work, I share my pages a few times each week, find it brings a few messers for windows but good for picking up one offs like gutter clears, conny cleans etc. I'd say it's area dependant and the type of groups you share on. Plenty on there that expect hot pure water window cleaning for under a fiver because there last one charged £3 but he has retired lol!

I MUST get round to doing this myself - but have not got a clue about setting it up. Any facebook sales for dummies links for me to read /emoticons/smile.png

hi guys - first post here!

i've been using facebook for sale/wanted pages linking to my business page for a while, pick up one or two a week on average.

However just spend a whopping £10 on facebook advertising, anyone had any experience with this? not expecting much for a tenner but didn't want to commit to much without any idea of potential return.

I have never boosted my page as it can be expensive

I have occasionally boosted a post on my page as you can do that for a pound a day ..i did it for a 3 day period a couple of times..it got me some work and if it doesn’t get enough views per day you are charged less than a pound per day

I i went for a week, with facebook suggesting a reach of between 100-500 people i day (i think, cant quick remember) within a 10km radius containing 33,000 users. so far had 18 impressions (which i assume means its popped up on 18 peoples pages) for the whopping total of 4 pence!

gotta be worth a try for a tenner, if it gets one customer and a few likes/shares it'll be worth it.

I'll try and remember to let you know how it works out!

cheers.

I think the last time i boosted a post for 3 days it reached 1600 more people than usual

Got a few from that

Look on the stats

Organic reach is how many people saw it without the boost

Paid reach is self explanatory

Impressions may be how many people actually clicked on it

Totally worth it... Takes few minutes out of your day. Business pages always help think of Facebook as he most effective business directory there is.

I check every now and then for groups i may have missed

Find a new community group and you have a few hundred possible new customers

Or the local swap and sell group could have most of the town on it as everyone looks on these groups

Look on the stats

Organic reach is how many people saw it without the boost

Paid reach is self explanatory

Impressions may be how many people actually clicked on it
Yeah was just looking at the stats - the only thing that i couldn't get my head around was its showing 82 people reach, and 80 impressions. any idea the other 2 people did differently? i thought i was fairly good with computers, but facebook seems to make it all a bit of a guessing game!!

Latest Posts

Back