Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vinegar on applicator

If you have a Makro near you white vinegar is around £2-3 for 5 ltr and the best bit is you can pickle eggs with it...mmmm

Can't seem to find any in the shops by me /emoticons/sad.png .Where do you get this 'white vinegar' from any links.

Can you tell I don't do shopping /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/biggrin.png.
any grocery shop mate, clear distilled vinegar.

clear distilled vinegar.
I'm so easy to confuse :wacko: .......

So it's clear, not white vinegar that I'm looking for.....I've been looking for a bottle of white coloured vinegar.....DUH! :rolleyes: .

I'm so easy to confuse :wacko: .......So it's clear, not white vinegar that I'm looking for.....I've been looking for a bottle of white coloured vinegar.....DUH! :rolleyes: .
lol I suppose we could be more precise mate when explaining it.

Guys, I tried a new solution yesterday on a first clean, very bad first clean. Mixture was: ecover, splash of vinegar and squessed a whole lemon ( tge juice) in there too....worked a treat /emoticons/smile.png

I tried some tomato juice, a pinch course ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of paprika, did not work out so well.

Just Joking. /emoticons/tongue.png

Where I am at the build-up on first cleans is bad (Texas), the glass needs a good buffing with wet steel wool to get the film off, have been using GG4, Ecover and a splash on vinegar for regular cleans. Had a first clean this past weekend, but had to switch from steel wool to a white scrubby pad, due to the steel wool rusting so quick with the vinegar in my water. I would assume the lemon juice would do the same to the wool pretty quick.

You can get the bronze wool pretty easily I've read in US, would that not be better mate?
I use the bronze wool for dry touch ups, 000 or 0000 steel wool for wet scrub downs. Bronze wool here is around $6-8 for a pack of 3, Steel wool is around $4-5 for a pack of 16. Steel wool gets tossed by the end of the day, you could use it dry here and you could see rust on it at the end of the day. The bronze wool I can get a good amount of time out of a piece several months a piece (part time). Don't know if the bronze wool would tarnish if exposed to vinegar/lemon juice and shorten its life? The white scrubby pads don't always get the haze off the glass like the wool will. I worked up in Denver for many years, pretty dry climate and you could get a good week or so from steel wool, Dallas is so humid most days you just need to toss it. I'm a thrifty type of guy.

Latest Posts

Back