Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sorry gav

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

I couldnt figure out the gallery area, and i couldnt continue with the trailers and vans post so move this thread if need be.

Apart from wiring and plumbing, boarding and putting a pipe on top for my brushes the skeleton of my trailer is complete, i am very happy with how its turned out.

Tuffers is that your bike in your avatar? Dragging mine out in the next few days ready for april, its in the corner in its vac bag, got new throttle cables, indicators and mirrors to fit first though, so the sooner i finish this trailer the sooner i can get rining its neck lol i cant wait

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be happy with that too mate. Its genius. I like the way you can detach your WC business from your car without having to own a seperate vehicle. Whenever I am driving my van I am always aware of how much diesel I am going through. Have you decided what you are going to clad it with yet?

Yep that was the plan tolish /emoticons/wink.png I couldnt do with having two vehicles. Reckon i'll do it in 3 or 4 mm ply now, fibreglass started looking expensive and if i damaged any panels i would have to either bodge it or completely redo it.

Tuffers theres me thinking 'nice bloody wheelie' lmao

Hehehe that would be smart lol, looked on ebay, a sheet of 1000x2000 is £90!!!!! What i really wanted was carbon fibre but again expensive.

I reckon plywood, painted then vinyl wrapped for now, then next winter carbon fibre.......what dya reckon?

great idea just unhook and shut it all away.....dont do what i did one monday and drive off without my ladders on......twas a bit annoyed when i parked up......i did have a trailer in my early days....brings back memories

What i really wanted was carbon fibre but again expensive.I reckon plywood, painted then vinyl wrapped for now, then next winter carbon fibre.......what dya reckon?
Carbon Fibre Vinyl Wrap /emoticons/wink.png.

Ordered a custom made tarp today for the trailer, i worked out by the time i had messed around with materials and time spent plus weight is a big factor, the tarp was a no brainer, its a bit more expensive but will look good.

Been using the trailer for a week now as it is and am very happy with it, but this tarp cannot come quick enough so its water tight to protect the varistream and pump plus my pockets and scrim.

Couple of grainy pics as it is before the tarp arrives, once it does turn up all i have to do is get a length of soil pipe and end caps for my poles

Nice one...What size tank is that?

Also just an idea to save keep humping the hose reel in and out could you not just mount it in a way that it can be pulled out on a retractable platform and even maybe swivel too?

I would also fit a jokey wheel too so can be unhooked and moved about more easily. /emoticons/wink.png

Or just make a shelf to raise the hose reel up, if the carry handle is too high, take it off and cut each end down....job done.

A shelf will also give you a bit more storage space along the rear of the trailer.

Nice one...What size tank is that?Also just an idea to save keep humping the hose reel in and out could you not just mount it in a way that it can be pulled out on a retractable platform and even maybe swivel too?
Its a 350 smurf, can't add any more weight to it now its on its limit even though that would be excellent. Don't forget that the tail drops down as its hinged so its no biggy for a big strapping lad like myself to lift it lmao.

Yep a jockey wheel is next on the list, i use a hydraulic trolley jack at present lol does the same job whilst in the garage

Or just make a shelf to raise the hose reel up, if the carry handle is too high, take it off and cut each end down....job done.
A shelf will also give you a bit more storage space along the rear of the trailer.
That was its first incarnation but i didn't like it as the reel could slide about whilst travelling, i actually don't need anymore storage space it has a compartment for all my gear

When the cover turns up and is fitted i will post a few more pictures then stop boring you all with my little trailer lol

When the cover turns up and is fitted i will post a few more pictures then stop boring you all with my little trailer lol
Keir, it's never boring to see pics of van/trailer sytems etc......gives everyone ideas on how to fit their own systems.....the more pics the better /emoticons/smile.png.

Haha ok you asked for it lmao when the tarp turns up i'll get a good few shots for ya

Cheers for the input lads, i was only thinking today that if wasnt for this forum i would still be using a crappy pole and brush and my tennis elbow would be literally killing me, mind you i would of saved a fortune as i wouldnt of found gardiners and spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds getting my gear to the level it is now. But i really do love having good gear

Thanks again to smurf, tuffers, mark m, bingo, cheshire wc to name just a few, you newbies out there these lads know their stuff and have tried nearly every bit of gear out there so read and learn hahaha

Keir, you are locking your trailer away at night I hope. Oh yeah, I treated myself and ordered BT Sport to watch the MotoGP /emoticons/smile.png

Yep, in those pics is where it lives....my garage with leg irons an bike

Just finished watching FP3 at a mates.....there is no way i can do without it, so will be subscribing too

Commentary is good which is what i was dreading but its just like old days them two back together, i believe toby might be doing the itv4 highlights. So gonna see how good the itv coverage is then sort it

Love it /emoticons/smile.png. I did an unwitting power wheelie off the lights the other Sunday, some kids were looking at my bike, so I opened it up for a crack, stayed in first and up she came :cool:. Popped it into 2nd shortly after /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back