Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gaining Custermers From Water Fed Pole Guys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

pws

hi ya /emoticons/smile.png thought i would post this as i have gained 5 custys this year because they did not like the WFP method of having there windows cleaned, they are 3 bedroom bay windowed semis1920-30 s type that i charge £15 for and they take me 30-40 minuets to do frames as well, the WFP guys were taking 10-15 minuets to do the same houses at £20 a time, in this day and age people want to see what they get for there money, thats why i have stated in past posts that there are a lot of people being ripped of by some WFP guys, sorry but i am a time served windy who came up through the ranks and yes i still use a shamy and scrim /emoticons/wink.png

hi ya /emoticons/smile.png thought i would post this as i have gained 5 custys this year because they did not like the WFP method of having there windows cleaned, they are 3 bedroom bay windowed semis1920-30 s type that i charge £15 for and they take me 30-40 minuets to do frames as well, the WFP guys were taking 10-15 minuets to do the same houses at £20 a time, in this day and age people want to see what they get for there money, thats why i have stated in past posts that there are a lot of people being ripped of by some WFP guys, sorry but i am a time served windy who came up through the ranks and yes i still use a shamy and scrim /emoticons/wink.png
just dont get this why have you charged less to do more work?

There not getting ripped off, if they were or thought they were they would'nt have paid him. You have a customer that has switched only due to the cost. What happens when someone cheaper and quicker comes along and canvasses the house?

just dont get this why have you charged less to do more work?
quality at the right price,i can make agood living,i quoted my price i did not know what the WFP guys were charging till i took the 3rd house on

30-40 mins for 1 house@£15 depends what you class as making a good living!
yes matey a good living for me, i have bought 6 kids up on this game, them same houses were £4-5in the late 70s early 80s

Funny this, I picked up 2 customers as they didn't like wfp, and they didn't touch the doors.. I was £1 cheaper too.. But I have now switched these to wfp tops and they are happy enough, and will be increasing £1 next month!!

But there is plenty of people out there who do prefer the wfp.. Just some people can't understand why their windows are left wet even after explaining it all to them..

customers are not paying you to be there for 40 minutes their paying you to clean x amount of windows for £15, You probably said i`ll clean all your windows for £15? (if you do them in 25 minutes will you stand there for 10 so the customer gets their "moneys worth" out of you or go onto the second house?)

hi ya if i cleaned them in 25 minuets, then got offerd a cup of tea yes i would stand there for another 10 minuets, the custermer what ever hourly rate they work for sees a windy splashing abit of water on there windows for 10-15minuets, for £20 thinks i had to work 2hrs for that sort of money thats when they say they are being ripped of, i am old school and have a consients,i am self enployed windy not a buisiness, at the end of the day we are just window cleaners just some are up there own jacks more than others

hi ya if i cleaned them in 25 minuets, then got offerd a cup of tea yes i would stand there for another 10 minuets, the custermer what ever hourly rate they work for sees a windy splashing abit of water on there windows for 10-15minuets, for £20 thinks i had to work 2hrs for that sort of money thats when they say they are being ripped of, i am old school and have a consients,i am self enployed windy not a buisiness, at the end of the day we are just window cleaners just some are up there own jacks more than others
You earn what you feel comfortable with mate.if the customer is happy with you and your making a living then all good.

I done 30 cleans the other day glass only & wiped cills , this is my 2 weekly round (bread & butter) I do just over 4 per hour that is just over £14 an hour, now I know I might get laughed at for this hourly rate & the price of the houses, but this is the prices I inhertited when I bought the round and I will increase when I feel the time is right.

But £14 an hour is good money for me as I have just packed in a £7.50 ph 39hr mon-fri slave job

I have another round 15 miles away that takes my hourly rate upto £25 ph but is 4 weekly but I love doing it & love the money too /emoticons/smile.png

What I'm trying to say is earning a good living is personal to the individual .

I'm the happiest I've been in years & it's all down to working for myself I love it /emoticons/smile.png

There is no right or wrong way but the best way is what suits your pocket and earns you enough to pays the bills. /emoticons/wink.png

Hi guys & girls.

I have read through the thread and deleted any posts I felt did not belong.

Please keep this thread on topic and remember what section this is posted in.

Thanks

Damo

Back