Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing at the same locality once again

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DannyB

Hi everyone,

I am slowly establishing my round in Gloucester, the small county city in the South-West. Canvassing is the way I get the overwhelming majority of new customers. I started my window cleaning in October last year, and ever since I have gone through the streets and quarters within a couple of miles around the place where I live. Now I am working the areas that are several miles away from my home. I am not particularly familiar with those areas and reaching them and new customers over there already takes some driving time and some fuel. I consider canvassing again in the close vicinity of my home, but I am not sure whether half a year is not too short period for re-canvassing on the streets that were canvassed once before. How many months or quarters would you wait before canvassing in the same locality for the second time?

Weekly mate until u get an answer at every door. The more time goes by the list of people who don't answer gets smaller. Meaning u get the streets done faster

I don't re canvas houses were I've had a no. Before

think id try a diffrent angle each time. if you doorknocked it last time[did u really knock every door??] something must be wrong if a whole citys worth didnt give you a round. maybe leaflet it now are you up for doing that? / or howabout you kickback and post online on Streetlife EVERY SINGLE DAY under a variety of aliases all extolling the virtues of you you you. [this guys a whizz by Paul S /every now n then you come across a genuine hard worker,let me tell you about him by Joan D / whats more he put me onto an excellent gardener by blah blah burstappendix

these are just random ideas ,but id think if you really put the hammer down hard you will get the job done,no giving up at lunchtime . youd only be cheating yourself if you do.

Last edited:
If you did it right and wrote down everyone who didn't answer....

If not you will have to start again this time right down if they say no or don't answer so you have something to work with

... or howabout you kickback and post online on Streetlife EVERY SINGLE DAY under a variety of aliases all extolling the virtues of you you you. [this guys a whizz by Paul S /every now n then you come across a genuine hard worker,let me tell you about him by Joan D / whats more he put me onto an excellent gardener by blah blah burstappendix...
Have you personally got good experience with Streetlife? To me it seems rather a marginal social network. Especially given even my Facebook fanpage has a very limited impact on the growth of my customer base...

I.e. Local ones to you. Search for Gloucester buy and sell and then all the little towns within Gloucester, join them all and post a for sale ad for Window Cleaning service on all of them on an evening. Every evening. Without fail. Use photos if you can to get more attention.

Get on all the buy and sell sites as meridion says, it'll make your work spread out but you'll find little hidden gems that way too.

Have you been asking people to leave reviews,uploading lots of pics of work? Offering free cleans if one Fb customer gets you a few more etc (or similar).

Make your advert catchy, and hit those buy and sell sites daily.

Boars idea sounds good,the power of recommendation and all that.

Latest Posts

Back