Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

tank

tench0771

rite guys i have a 400l flat tank an i want to convirt it to a uprite tank im guna seal the scrue lid on an rachet strap it to tank so it wont pop off also the lid will b at the top so water wont b puting mch pressure on it now i need to cut a hole an make a new lid any iders how to go about this has any one done this b 4?? im think a plummers murchents will sell the stuff the lid can b small as ill only ever need to put a hose in it
smiley.gif

im thinking about drilling a hole in the top then cuting a 25l barrel top off cutting to size then dond it to the hole with a few bolts an some bath sieler or a heat gun:confused: i just dont wana make a hash of it an end up thinking :oops: or even:eek:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Funny enough I did have one for sale but decided to keep it in the end for another project.

For now until I can get a good used one local very cheap its being used as a buffer tank for my pressure washer in the van. I tried it laying flat but took up too much floor space so decided to mount it on its side instead.

I'm not bothered with doing anything with the lid or making any extra holes in the side (now the top) as I only fill it half full as will be getting another upright tank anway.

i would like to get a new but im a tite ars:D i got this tank for £50 so i thault ide modyfy it my 350 is fine but ide rather sell it an get more money bk,an use the 400 one but like u say tuffers i dont wana b in the :turd: house lol an lose £50 the 400l uprite will save so mch space to:confused:

We seem so much alike as i'm a tight **** too:D

i would like to get a new but im a tite ars:D i got this tank for £50 so i thault ide modyfy it my 350 is fine but ide rather sell it an get more money bk,an use the 400 one but like u say tuffers i dont wana b in the :turd: house lol an lose £50 the 400l uprite will save so mch space to:confused:

10255761_1429999017262094_5819403828020390578_n.jpg
10363594_1429999043928758_3737882888018550284_n.jpg
well ive took the lid off an ive come up trumps i think as the hole in the tank if flat so i can seal it up more easy an i can cut a new hole in the top an seal the lid in nce an snug need to find some thick plastic to seal the old hole ill use bolts with lock nuts an some evo stick to seal it on the out side ill use marine paint so the bolts wont rust ill also seal it frm the inside to stop it leaking an puting to mch pressure on the outer bolted plate wat do u guys think will it all go pair shaped:eek: or can i pull it off lol:thumbsup::cool:/emoticons/biggrin.png

ill try my best:D just need to deside wat plastic to use an were to get it gota b the rite type:confused:not britle an quiet thick

My wydale flat tank screw thread lid opening is moulded in one with the tank so has a rim on the inside of the tank. It's actualy a 450 ltr tank so when stood upright filled just below the lid openning can hold about 350 ltrs of water. I only use it though as a pressure washer buffer tank with the washer either in the van or just outside the door on the ground. A flat tank stood upright is not ideal though as had the tap hose filling the tank whilst I was working but still managed to flood the van yesterday. Oops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

I might have been interested myself but would be over a 300 mile round trip to collect it.

Pics please eclipse and how much? I might be interested, also dimensions if poss bud ta very much

Latest Posts

Back