Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Pole And Brush Combo?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have a 47ft extreme and i use the gardiner cladding brush with fan jets.

Lovely set up.

thanks for quick reply will look into it cheers.
The extreme 47 is 703£ plus the vat.
I would personally invest as little as possible in domestic solar panel cleaning. Most customers are ignorant when it comes to solar panel cleaning.

right was thinking i could add it to my business aswell as alot of people round my way have solar panels thought it would be a little earner.

I have quoted silly prices before. Like 10£ for 8 panels as i was doing some next door and they said no.

We got good response in winter months. But nothing now, well had a call yesterday (not confirmed job yet)

Before investing in kit I would speak to ppl that have spc fitted first as most you might find simply don't want it done. Main reason is they have been told by companies that fit them they do not need cleaning as solar panels come with self cleaning glass. In the uk climate with the amount of rainfall we get they are probably correct in saying so.

cheers for the replies will ask a few people who fitted there solar panels and see what the manufactures have recommended to them regarding cleaning.

I have a 47ft extreme and i use the gardiner cladding brush with fan jets.
Lovely set up.
Be careful not to scratch the panels with that brush mate. Bristles are quite hard aren't they?

Before investing in kit I would speak to ppl that have spc fitted first as most you might find simply don't want it done. Main reason is they have been told by companies that fit them they do not need cleaning as solar panels come with self cleaning glass. In the uk climate with the amount of rainfall we get they are probably correct in saying so.
I think we have discussed on here before how self cleaning works in the lab, but not in real life situations. Solar panels are not self cleaning and here is the proof: http://www.solar-panel-cleaners.com/blog/solar-panel-cleaning-hampshire-cosmetics/

cheers for the replies will ask a few people who fitted there solar panels and see what the manufactures have recommended to them regarding cleaning.
I did that with Cheshire-based Green Electrician. They were selling solar arrays long before the solar boom. They sold panels all over the UK as being self cleaning, it was part of their marketing strategy. They came to realise though that they are not. Now they are going back thorough their database of past customers and offering a cleaning package. We are carrying out the cleaning for them on their sites all of the UK. Attitudes of installers with cleaning are changing....

was looking for information on the best/most recommended pole for cleaning solar panels please thanks.
Poles going for the most rigid are always best; as for brushes I advised and worked with a large solar panel manufacturer the outcome of testing for the best & safest brushes to use was Boars Hair brushes – we couldn’t cause any damage to the solar panel when using Boars brushes, even when we tried intentionally to damage the surface, its incredibly hard to do damage with a Boars Hair brush.

Artificial monofilament there is always a risk of damage to the panel, because of the monofilament, plus they don’t clean anywhere near as fast as Boars Hair brushes for this type of work.

Richard

Back