Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder Buying Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When I started out a year ago, I brought a second hand 11 rung double extension ladder from eBay. It has stood me in good stead thus far. However, I have noticed the right string is bent inwards and consider it to be a safety risk so I think it's time for a new ladder.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that Midland ladders comes highly recommended and think this ladder will suit my every need. The safety feet seem to be a huge plus as I've been concerned ever since my ladder feet slipped on a damp, mossy patio a few month back. Can anyone else recommend this ladder, another ladder or another safety device to keep me feeling safe and secure on my ladder?

Also any advice on traditional window cleaning 'A' ladders is sought. I have no idea how these would work for me. I use a ladder standoff and pitch it to just below the window sill and have two rounds above to hold on to. Where do you usually pitch an 'A' ladder to and what other benefits do they bring?

Sorry for all the questions but I want to make sure I make the right purchase. Thanks in advance!

Hi mate, I've bought 3 sets of ladders from midland, def worth the money and the safety feet make u feel so much safer. The set you are looking at would be perfect, unless you want to do gutter jobs to then I would get slightly longer ladders, maybe triple 3m ones.

i rely on spikes (HAILO make) fitted to my ladders and really rate the safety of spikes

i can also recommend trade ladders by LYTE as being excellent buys. i use a double 10 rung and a triple 10 rung and the triple is made a bit sturdier than the double set

I can reccomend a grippa ladder which fits on your bottom to rungs facing the way you walk up your ladder & stops it sliding down. Ex piece of kit. Would have stopped you slipping on wet moss. Also the aluminium spikes for decking and grass.

Hiya dan. I have a set of titan ladders complete with safety feet from midland ladders. As rayleigh said, the feet make you feel so safe. Titan ladders are top quality and with the safety feet already fitted you have a real bargain on your hands. Would it be worth getting a slightly longer ladder?. I have the double 3.5 metre. They dont cost that much more than the 3m doubles, weigh just 1kg more and will enable you to get up to gutters and higher/more awkward windows.

On the subject of A ladders, I must admit, I am curious like you as to wether they would be useful.

Use wfp but actually enjoy ladder work as well,A frame and nothing else for me,if using any other ladder then you are at risk.

got a titan trade from midlands safety feet take a bit of getting used too but once you do they are great but they still slip on wet decking
Doo, how do you mean they take some getting used to?
Thank you so much for all the advice guys. I think I'll go for a 3.5m double extension with the free safety feet. Does anyone out there use the safety feet with a Ladder Grippa for added security?

If I had the saftey feet I would still use my grippa ladder. I would not solely rely on the feet ESP on wet ground green moss etc. the more I use the safer I feel.

So with the A ladder , does it mean that you can clean 2nd floor windows by resting it on the window frame or sill .Can that be a little dangerous?

Back